free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting I-94

My husband came over to the US on Nov 30th. He's over on a visa waiver. When getting this into his passport, he did not recieve any other papers stating any details like his I-94 number. Now that we are married, we are filing for him to adjust his status. On one of the form it asks for his I-94 number. I've already called the uscis 800 number and THEY say he should have gotten a long peice of paper from one of the airports that would have given him his I-94 and his visa status. He did not recieve such a paper. So now they say we need to contact the airport but we have NO clue how to go about doing this. Is there another way to get his I-94 number? Like I said all he got was the green Visa Waiver attached inside his passport. Any help would be much appreciated.

My husband came over to the US on Nov 30th. He's over on a visa waiver. When getting this into his passport, he did not recieve any other papers stating any details like his I-94 number. Now that we are married, we are filing for him to adjust his status. On one of the form it asks for his I-94 number. I've already called the uscis 800 number and THEY say he should have gotten a long peice of paper from one of the airports that would have given him his I-94 and his visa status. He did not recieve such a paper. So now they say we need to contact the airport but we have NO clue how to go about doing this. Is there another way to get his I-94 number? Like I said all he got was the green Visa Waiver attached inside his passport. Any help would be much appreciated.

Try downloading Form I-102 from uscis.gov website. Refer to the form instructions, it states in part, thus:

"If you were not issued a Form I-94 at admission to the U.S., or are filing this application with an application for extension of stay or change of status, file this application where you are filing the accompanying extension of stay or change of status application."

Hope this helps.

the green visa waiver attached inside his passport is the I94. Bottom right hand corner it says in small print CBP Form I-94W(10/04) This is what u have and what u will need DO NOT LOSE IT!!!!!

If that is what we need, then where do we find his I-94 number, his nonimmigration visa number and his uscis status?? None of that is on there and USCIS told us it should be on a paper recieved at the airport. We're filing form I-485 and it asks for this info.

He came into the country with NO VISA, as he was on the VISA WAIVER PROGRAMME. This means I would assume that he came into the country as a single man, and is now a married man and u are trying to gain some sort of status? If this is correct u have to obtain the I130 together with the I485. You cant just apply for the I485 without the other. When u fill out the paperwork leave this portion blank where it asks u for the visa number and he doesnt have a status until the paper work is filed. The I94 only contains the the date of entry and for how long he is legally allowed to stay in the USA. And the purpose of the visit. Normally a tourist? When u send the paper work off u will get a receipt number and a A# this is the numbers u will need for any more communication with the USCIS. U have to learn to crawl before u can walk.

If u ask for the paperwork from the USCIS they must have sent u the whole package.. i hope this info helps u.... : )

That is correct, I do have all forms I need. I'm just asking in regards to the 1-485 where it ask for his 1-94 number...which we do not know. We also do not now his nonimmigration visa number. We were told by a USCIS rep that the nonimmigration number would be on a peice of paper along with his i-94 number...but he never saw such a paper from anyone. According to the uscis rep, we DO need those numbers when filling out the form i-485 so now I do not know what to do.

Top left hand corner is a 'DEPARTURE NUMBER" under this heading is a number. This is the number u enter on the form.