Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LIFE Legalization (CSS/LULAC) Update

LIFE Legalization Update
    To all LIFE / CSS / LULAC applicant, Please update us about your case (Pending, Appealed, Denied, Approved, Still Waiting) so it will be beneficiary to all applicant. Thanks and God bless.

LIFE Legalization Update
    To all LIFE / CSS / LULAC applicant, Please update us about your case (Pending, Appealed, Denied, Approved, Still Waiting) so it will be beneficiary to all applicant. Thanks and God bless.

My case (Life Act, Lulac) was transfered from MSC to NYC on July 10th 2002. I had my interview last July. I did not here anything since.

Pending, had interview(my husband). He has to submit a few more paperwork.Interview went well.

depika, what specifically do they want from you,because if you went abroad after 1984 but have proof from before 1982 it should not be a problem.

Hi,

Here is my case. All True.

1. Received Employment authorization under LULAC May 1990 in Miami.
    2. Successful renewing every year with "C20" & "C22".
    3. Received I687 approval from vermont to submit Texas (TSC)2000.
    4. TSC submittemy my I687 to MSC 11/03.
    6. 2nd interview date May, 2004.
    7. Have school records to proof 1986 -- 1988.
    8. Wrote many letters and many calls to INS.

However, my wife, married 5 years, is a US CITIZEN. I want to see how far I can go. I had to fight everything, why not this one.
    Please pray for me, and Good Luck to you all. GOD Bless You and God Bless USA.

Hi,

Forgot to add.
    1. Applied LIFE ACT 2/03 and First interview 11/03. He was very nice and took my fingerprint, immigration type photo. We had a nice chat. He told me that most of the life act he has refused. He knows that, I went ot school here and he has my transcripts, But, needs actual pay stub and w-2. I told him that donot make any senses and do I need attorney. Also, I advised that per Peter Schey, center for human rights, I donot need all of these. He advised thats ok. Then, he asked me us citizen type questions -- original 13 colony, fist president -- and I failed. Then he suggest I study and told me I should get a letter within 6 months. Now my 2nd LIFE interview May 2004.

My advised be firm and strong and collect as much documentations you can. God Bless USA.

To dece
    The INS denied my case because I left the country and came back with visa; they claim that coming back with visa make the applicant ineligible for Life Act.
    I talked to Peter Schey and he told me that is not true, and that most immigration officer not failmeiler with CSS/LUlAC cases.

To tonku:
    Taxes Service Center should forward your I687 to your local INS office in Miami not to MSC, the questionnaires and Life program separate from each other.
    Tonku, can you please tell me how did you enter the U.S for the first time? Did you leave the country after that? Thanks

Who is this Peter Schey, can you provid with his address please.
    Thank you.

I hope this will be help full to some of you.(This is from Center For Human Rights site)

How do my rights under the Newman/LULAC settlement relate to my rights under the LIFE Act?
    Class members' rights under the settlement are independent of and in addition to their right to obtain legal status under the LIFE Act.

Many persons who have rights under the Newman/LULAC settlement have already applied to adjust their status under the LIFE Act. Unless the CIS has approved your LIFE Act application, however, we recommend that you apply as well under the Newman/LULAC settlement. This is why:

The Center continues to receive reports that CIS is being very hard on LIFE Act applicants. Among other reasons, the CIS is reportedly denying LIFE Act applications because the applicant cannot produce "original" proof of residence, such as original rent receipts, pay stubs, and the like. Many LIFE Act applicants are also being issued denials or "notices of deficiency" because they cannot pass an in-person **** examination on U.S. civics and English. In many other cases, the CIS has simply delayed deciding LIFE Act applications, and there is no way to know when the agency will get around to making a decision.

The Newman/LULAC settlement offers class members several important advantages over the LIFE Act: The settlements provide clear guidance as to how and when the CIS must process class members' legalization applications. The settlement provides that class members may establish eligibility for legalization by way of declarations, and not only by original documents. The settlement also provides class members the right to appeal to a "special master," a judicial officer with the authority to correct the CIS's errors in the event the agency does not decide a class member's legalization application promptly, fairly, and in accordance with the settlement's guidelines.

Also, an applicant who legalizes under the Newman/LULAC settlement will not have to meet the English and U.S. history requirement until 12-18 months after the CIS grants them temporary residence.

There are also some substantive advantages to legalizing under the settlement, particularly Newman/LULAC class members with children who lack lawful immigration status. Newman/LULAC class members who legalize under the settlement can apply for "family unity" benefits (work authorization and protection against deportation) for their children and spouses. In contrast to LIFE Act family unity, the children of class members who legalize under the settlement will not lose family unity status when they turn 21 years old. Children lose their family unity benefits when they turn 21 if their parents legalized under the LIFE Act instead of the Newman/LULAC settlement.

Newman/LULAC class members with pending or approved legalization questionnaires
    During 1999-2000 the former INS operated a "legalization questionnaire" program. Under this program, individuals filed legalization questionnaires with the INS. These questionnaires were intended to allow the INS to determine whether the individual had been "front-desked": that is, that he or she tendered a complete legalization application and fee to the INS during the 1987-88 application year and had been turned away. If the INS approved an individual's questionnaire, he or she was instructed to a file legalization application with the INS Service Center in Texas.

A court judgment in the LULAC class action, which is now superceded by the Newman/LULAC settlement, required the INS to open the legalization questionnaire program to LULAC class members, but the agency voluntarily extended it to CSS and Zambrano class members, and indeed, to anyone at all who claimed that he or she had been front-desked during the 1987-88 amnesty application year. The INS stopped taking new legalization questionnaires in February 2000, but many questionnaires, as well as legalization applications filed in Texas, have never been decided. There is no way of knowing when or if the CIS decide these applications.

We have no way of forcing the INS to adjudicate Newman/LULAC class members' legalization questionnaires or legalization applications filed with the INS Texas Service Center. We accordingly recommend that Newman/LULAC class members apply under the settlement even though they have pending legalization questionnaires or have filed form I-687 legalization applications with the INS's Texas Service Center.

The Newman/LULAC settlement offers class members several important advantages over the legalization questionnaire program: The settlement provides binding guidance as to how and when the CIS must process class members' legalization applications. The settlement provides that class members may establish eligibility for legalization by way of declarations, and not only by original documents. The settlement also provides class members the right to appeal to a "special master," a judicial officer with the authority to correct the CIS's errors in the event the agency does not decide a class member's legalization application promptly, fairly, and in accordance with the settlement's guidelines.

Hi AZ;
    It is always good to hear from you, I'm not optimistic about the new settlement.
    The USCIS always find a way to delay or to deny LULAC, CSS applicant.
    They never process or approved the questioner program and they denied the majority of Life cases, they never been sincere of finishing late amnesty cases, they just keep people living in limbo. From 400 thousand CSS/LULAC only 60 thousand applied through the LIFE program, and the majorities of people either died or gave up on CIS long endless process.
    By the way any new development in your appeals? How about you're friend? My case was denied and now it's in the appeal process in front of administrative appeals office in Washington. Good luck to all.