50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Returning to US after Deportation

Not sure if anyone has experienced this but it doesn't hurt to put it out there. A friend of mine was in prison and when released was deported to Mexico. I want to know what can be done (legally) to bring him back to the US. If he married a USC, would that help in his return? Should we talk this over with a lawyer? Should he ask for a pardon? Should he claim hardship? Any suggestions or ideas?

Not sure if anyone has experienced this but it doesn't hurt to put it out there. A friend of mine was in prison and when released was deported to Mexico. I want to know what can be done (legally) to bring him back to the US. If he married a USC, would that help in his return? Should we talk this over with a lawyer? Should he ask for a pardon? Should he claim hardship? Any suggestions or ideas?

I'm definately no expert, but the chances that he'll ever be able to come back to this country are pretty slim. He probably has the 10 year bar against him, too.
    Have a nice day

Think of it this way:

The Time and Effort he must spend to get back here (if he is ever allowed to be admitted) are SO GREAT that he could become President of Mexico if he spent half of it back there.
    So, why bother?

But seriously, contact an Attorney.
    Every case is unique and much depends on what he was convicted of, felony or not, how long is the maximum sentence for the conviction, what basis he has to request a waiver of inadmis-ty, what was his overall track record in US, what moral character he had in community before arrest and many other factors.
    In the final instance it will all depend on adjudicator/officer even if everything else looks good for him.

The easiest thing for him to do would be to run a big political campaign against Fox, get jailed/raped/beaten up/tortured by Mexican authorities, escape from prison and then cross border barefoot and if he doesn't die in desert while crossing it he may then claim WD under CAT protection

On a serious note: consult an Attorney.