Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Discussion Board Moderators

Originally posted by davdah:
    Fair and even handed is calling people neo-nazis because they disagree with you?
    I strongly disagree with you and I know you support some Neo-Nazis like Arpaio, but it appears to me ,after long contemplation on overall intent and substance of your posts, that you yourself are not a racist or Neo-Nazi.
    So, your claim that I automatically call anyone I disagree with a Nazi is false.

Fact is, most real intolerance comes from the left.
    Depends on WHOM you call or define as LEFT or Liberal.
    To me LEFT is meaningless term and Liberal is someone who in spirit and thought shares ideals of the founders of this country. Washington to me is Liberal. Jefferson to me is Liberal. Even Lincoln is Liberal , as far as my understanding of word Liberal is concerned. And I myself am a proud LIBERAL and will be one for time foreseeable.
    And intolerance of opposing view is anathema to me.
    I can forcefully argue with you but I still prefer to have you openly argue back your position than force you into silence so that my senses may be pleased like those of an ostrich that hides its' head in a sand.
    As long as you keep it within civil confines I see no problem with you standing your ground (even if it involves some poker playing, trick of hands and other circus related acts in lieu of actual logically construed and factually based arguments).

When they can't argue their point name calling always follows with requests to be silenced.
    First I NEVER asked to silence anyone on this board or elsewhere.
    So, that's one false claim right there.

Second, before accusing someone of Nazi tendencies I actually get facts together (like in case of Arpaio who used illegal profiling and jailed US born US Citizen who looked like Mexican and spoke with some accent).

The founding fathers guaranteed free speech because of people who try to brand disagreement as nazism, hitler worship, or taliban extremism attempting to have it dismissed and removed. Once quieted what comes next and is easily done to those who are tagged with such egregious labels?
    I don't want anyone to be quite, but if someone has Nazi or Taliban-Puritan tendencies I see no reason to not call them who they are.

Regardless, this board is under no obligation to placate to the wishes of any individual group, immigrant or otherwise. At the end of the day it needs to be profitable. To that purpose the direction needs taken.
    The board doesn't sell products and doesn't have banners, so I don't see how you can make it a more profitable endeavor by having it shut down those you or anyone else disagrees with.

The main page with articles is one that counts as far as Google search engine ratings are concerned (and this board has high rating on search engines, if you care to notice). And if any lawyer tehre posts relevant articles I am sure those who are interested will find and read them.

As far as bemoaned "trashing" of alleged immigrants who come here to allegedly "ask questions", as I have noted REPEATEDLY in past those "newcomers" are usually way too suspiciously stupid and criminal (as if from stereotyping playbook of Neo-Nazis) and always come to ask how to do a crime or how to cover up a crime committed. If the immigrant is truly a criminal will he or she be such an idiot as to come here and ask how to proceed with their criminal action or how to cover it up? One gets the impression that they are not immigrant at all (criminal or not), but are fake posters who serve to perpetuate the stereotype of "Evil Immigrant" which is then being exploited to justify all sorts of blanket and prejudiced treatment of an entire group of people. And if thAt is not Neo-Nazism then I do not know what is.

Finally, as far as satirical posts of Someone12 or Senator Ehigie Edabor Uzamere, it takes an intelligence of extreme retarded condition not to see those posts for what they are: a SATIRE.

Is there anyone who isn't a taliban or criminal?

This site is all about being commercial. It's certainly not here for anything more ethically pure. The goal is to attract immigrants needing help and have it eventually lead to a retainer. Why else would anything other than perfect answers to complex questions be tolerated if it weren't? Does anyone think it should serve some greater good by giving free advice that eradicates immigrants problems? When we can live without money that might be plausible. In the mean time, guess again.
    This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Is there anyone who isn't a taliban or criminal?
    Of course and there are plenty! Alas, they mostly keep silent and don't voice their opinion. Hence false perception that Taliban-Puritan is majority (while it's just a loud, crazy minority).

This site is all about being commercial. It's certainly not here for anything more ethically pure.
    Davdah, there is nothing impure about site being commercial.
    Commerce by and in itself is driven by selfish motive and anything that is selfish (excluding stupid) can't be considered ethically impure.

The goal is to attract immigrants needing help and have it eventually lead to a retainer. Why else would anything other than perfect answers to complex questions be tolerated if it weren't? Does anyone think it should serve some greater good by giving free advice that eradicates immigrants problems? When we can live without money that might be plausible. In the mean time, guess again.
    You are always drifting from the subject matter at hand and shifting focus to ever vague ones, just so
    weakness of your position can be hidden.

Whatever you say about site owners or their motivations (be they a group of Saints or followers of Devil from the paintings of Hieronymus Bosch), in the final analysis shutting down the voices of those you or anyone disagrees with will do no difference to site owners' pockets unless you employ one of your Fantomastic tools and cause their business go bankrupt by means of abusing your super-authority.

Drifting? No, I don't think so. More pointed, when did I ever say anyone should be banned for an opinion different than my own? On the contrary, those are opportunities to illustrate what truth is in stark contrast to the errors in many people's thinking.

Drifting? No, I don't think so. More pointed, when did I ever say anyone should be banned for an opinion different than my own? On the contrary, those are opportunities to illustrate what truth is in stark contrast to the errors in many people's thinking.
    And where did I say that it is you who said anyone should be banned for an opinion different from yours?
    I responded to your charge that "most real intolerance comes from the left."

Not only do you drift, but you also apparently mastered some of the big liars trade skills from pre-eminent maestro of liars, Mr O'Reilly himself.

Tsk-tsk

Meet Mr davdah

<span class="flash-video"><object codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
    classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
    width="480"
    height="360"
    ><param name="allowScriptAccess"
    value="never"
    ></param><param name="wmode"
    value="transparent"
    ></param><param value="never"
    /><param value="transparent"
    /><param name="movie"
    value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xmbq83"
    /><param value="true"
    /><param value="always"
    /><param value="transparent"
    /><embed allowScriptAccess="never"
    pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    wmode="transparent"
    src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xmbq83"
    width="480"
    height="360"
    /></object><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmbq83_fantomas-2_shortfilms"
    target="_blank"
    >Fantomas-2</a> by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/fantomas--"
    target="_blank"
    >fantomas--</a>
    </span>

Originally posted by Hudson:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoardWizard:
    ILW.COM is looking for volunteers to help us moderate the discussion board on our site and participate in conversations with the immigration enthusiasts and mavens who fruitfully contribute to our community. Ideal candidates are immigration attorneys who are pro-immigration but at the same time tolerate anti-immigration activists.

Interested? Please email webmaster@ilw.com for more information.
    Boardwizard,
    This is just another empty promise I am afraid. If you really want to help, then the board as it currently stands will need only immigration law questions with no free speech posts or threads whatsoever. That would be the only way to bring back the forum for those who are seeking assistance and/or advice.

If ILW wants to continue with the free speech discussions, then divide the board out as Davdah has suggested. That is what most boards have done, whether immigration related or not. it does not hamper free speech, but just places such discussion in a more appropiate format while leaving the question and answer immigration section for only those who want to seek help.

There also has to be more scrutiny on the multiple ID's on this board. It only involves a few posters, but these few bad apples has spoiled the rest of the site. This has to be enforced by the owners of this forum, not by the moderators per se.

For moderators, Sprint, Aroha, and Proud would be excellent choices. The criteria for moderators should include those who have gone through the immigration process either as an immigrant, preferred, or as a petitioner to an immigrant. Other criteria should include that the moderators be required to log on a consistent basis, with the exception of family, vacation, or medical leave. There should be enoguh moderators, probably four so that this site is covered and one moderator should be from ILW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I appreciate the recommendation, I think a moderator on here needs to be totally objective. Those of us who've witnessed stuff that happened here are not; therefore, a new moderator needs to be fresh - not any of us regulars.

Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoardWizard:
    ILW.COM is looking for volunteers to help us moderate the discussion board on our site and participate in conversations with the immigration enthusiasts and mavens who fruitfully contribute to our community. Ideal candidates are immigration attorneys who are pro-immigration but at the same time tolerate anti-immigration activists.

Interested? Please email webmaster@ilw.com for more information.
    Boardwizard,
    This is just another empty promise I am afraid. If you really want to help, then the board as it currently stands will need only immigration law questions with no free speech posts or threads whatsoever. That would be the only way to bring back the forum for those who are seeking assistance and/or advice.

If ILW wants to continue with the free speech discussions, then divide the board out as Davdah has suggested. That is what most boards have done, whether immigration related or not. it does not hamper free speech, but just places such discussion in a more appropiate format while leaving the question and answer immigration section for only those who want to seek help.

There also has to be more scrutiny on the multiple ID's on this board. It only involves a few posters, but these few bad apples has spoiled the rest of the site. This has to be enforced by the owners of this forum, not by the moderators per se.

For moderators, Sprint, Aroha, and Proud would be excellent choices. The criteria for moderators should include those who have gone through the immigration process either as an immigrant, preferred, or as a petitioner to an immigrant. Other criteria should include that the moderators be required to log on a consistent basis, with the exception of family, vacation, or medical leave. There should be enoguh moderators, probably four so that this site is covered and one moderator should be from ILW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I appreciate the recommendation, I think a moderator on here needs to be totally objective. Those of us who've witnessed stuff that happened here are not; therefore, a new moderator needs to be fresh - not any of us regulars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Proud,
    For this board to get back on track, at least one moderator, among many, must be from the forum members. A set of good guidelines would help those who moderate and those who participate, IMO.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Fact is, most real intolerance comes from the left.
    Really? Ted Nugent
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

What was intolerant? Didn't those justices sign on to you not having a right to self defense? Isn't is true that obama once said the constitution was out of date and needed changed? Doesn't Obama want to rescind the 2nd amendment? It's all true. What's the issue? It's the left that wants anyone literally destroyed who doesn't march lock step with them. In so many ways and actions it's promoted and carried out.

The newest thing from the left? Afterbirth abortions. After the baby is born it's still not a person since it's not self sustaining and completely self aware. That's their argument to justify it. If it flys, guess what's next? The dehumanization of anyone who's not self sustaining. The old, sick, crippled, unemployed...will all be subject to disposal.

Better think twice about entitlements. Something needs done and this might be the grave your digging for yourselves being so stupidly bull headed.

I nominate Margarette Thatcher as board moderator.