free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opening bank account on tourist visa

Is it legal to get a bank account opened ON TOURIST VISA while in usa and make purchases with your debit card . I have a relative visiting me and the bank manager who is a friend of mine has no problems in opening his account. If he makes purchases later on his debit card like purchasing dig cameras etc will it create history or give him trouble on his future visits or filing immigration later ? any info will be appreciated .

Is it legal to get a bank account opened ON TOURIST VISA while in usa and make purchases with your debit card . I have a relative visiting me and the bank manager who is a friend of mine has no problems in opening his account. If he makes purchases later on his debit card like purchasing dig cameras etc will it create history or give him trouble on his future visits or filing immigration later ? any info will be appreciated .

I think you find your relative needs a social security number to open an account.
    Your relative cannot get a ssn on a vistors visa.

The banking system requires a ssn even if you have a friend at the bank.
    To get a debit card you need a job too as it is tied within a checking account.
    Sorry, but the best thing to do is your relative needs to bring cash or their own credit card or wire their money to your account and get cash that way.

BA & Wells fargo is not asking for SSN, jst go their and present 2 valid ID .

i am able to get an account opened already since the bank manager is good friend . my question is is that legal as he is going back to his country after his visit and will be probably filing immigration thru some relative petition ..does using a debit card create any sort of history.

Its obvious that you are trying to find out if your "cousin" or you can establish themselves in the USA. Why would anyone want a bank account in the USA as a tourist? It takes a while to get a bank card and the person opening the account needs a Tax ID which will be the ITIN or the SSN and the IRS arent giving out any ITIN's without the w5 so exactly what are you trying to do? So the answer is no you cant open a bank account in the USA.

When my husband came here originally on a tourist visa, he opened a bank account using his passport for ID. He originally planned to stay for 6 months as a tourist and needed a place to put his money for that length of time. A bank will not do anything illegal, at least not on purpose. My husband's account was legal.

It is common in a big cities that tourist could open a bank account. People with a tourist visa could work illegally in usa and save their money in their account or send to their home country. The other purpose of bank account is to withdraw overdraft or use a bank account to get a credit card and get cash or buy items and leave the country. Not only tourist could do this, but international students could do this too. It is time to protect this country, because a lot of people, including the legal people, are criminals.

Aman I understand what you're saying. You already have a bank account opened for your relative(It can be and is being done people!) You want to know if using his debit/master card will affect his status later on when a relitive file for him. I don't know the answer to your question but just thought I'd help others understand your situation better. Too many people get on here and give advice they know nothing off. Alot are missled because of these uneducated responses. None of the people I know that opened banck accounts while on a visitor visa know any bank worker....He didn't get it because of your friend..he got it because it can be done once you use your passport and another form of ID. Well with the exception of certain banks like citi bank. Good luck in getting the proper answer to your question

He'll have a credit history, which the federal government will be able to check, the same way any other business, employers, or landlords can. Credit reports contain information about bank accounts (which debit cards are based on), as well as charge accounts, mortgages, etc. If you think the idea of a national ID card is bad, well, the databases available privately are a whole lot worse.