publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: What should I bring exactly to my marriage based AOS interview?

I have already been on and AOS interview 3 times and I have the fourth coming up. Our interviewer just keeps telling us she isn't convinced of our marriage. What does she want to see exactly? I don't understand what she doesn't see (or want to see?) Is there anyway I can request someone new to handle my case as this woman seems to only smile or act human when she is putting you down or turning you away.

I have already been on and AOS interview 3 times and I have the fourth coming up. Our interviewer just keeps telling us she isn't convinced of our marriage. What does she want to see exactly? I don't understand what she doesn't see (or want to see?) Is there anyway I can request someone new to handle my case as this woman seems to only smile or act human when she is putting you down or turning you away.

If you have been called in for a fourth interview, and you feel that it is due to not providing adequate documentation, perhaps if you list here what you have taken, someone might be able to advise as to what might be missing.

marriage license
    pics
    bank statments
    all his information as he is who is coming here
    Birth certificate, drivers license, employment information, passport
    my information like tax forms both before we married and all since, my drivers license,letters from friends, card

He is living with his brother right now as I now work out of state. I go to see him every couple of months or he comes to see me.

She said that our proof isn't good because we should have more things together. Where we lived when we applied I already had the place so everything was in my name so at her request we changed it so that his name appeared on bills, but I lost my job. When I got another (retail store) she flat out told me I could do better than that. Well the job market wasn't so great so I started to look else where which took me out of state. I dont' see where that is a big deal as I know a lot of people who do this. Any way I am at a loss for what they need exactly. I have done all they have asked but still no response. I am starting to think that the person handling our case just doesn't like people. She is very rude and refused to even look at some of the personal items that we brought. Can I request a new interviewer? The one we have is just never ever statisfied.

OK, the AOS interview requires that you show evidence that you are a married couple making a life together. Now I do realise that circumstances sometimes occur when couples are separated for professional reasons, but you will still need to demonstrate that you and your husband are accumulating assets and building a life together. The evidence you have provided thus far really only demonstrates that you and he are who you claimed and that you did indeed marry.

Proof to demonstrate bona fide marriage would be, but is not limited to:
    Bank accounts showing both names on the account and deposits and withdrawals to and from the account in both names.
    Utility bills showing that the liability for such is a shared responsibility.
    Credit card accounts or lines of credit with both names as obligors to the lender.
    Both names on titles to property, homes, stocks, bonds etc.
    Life insurance policies which show that each spouse is named the beneficiary in the event of the death of the other.
    Tax returns during the marriage which are filed as joint returns (presuming your husband earns income, his income should be reflected on the joint return).
    A notarized letter from associates attesting that you are both happily married. (A congressman, state senator, state representative, mayor would be a good source, if you have a personal relationship with any)
    Anniversary cards from family members addressed to both of you.
    Health insurance policies in both names.