50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: appealling a case

my husband and i have been fighting immigration for 2 yrs- they denied him because of a petty misdemeanor that happened in 1998- he was stopped at the border of canada and us and the officials found a smear of resign on his leatherman and less than a gram of marijuanna. Is this common? what can we do, but pay more money and keep appealing...

my husband and i have been fighting immigration for 2 yrs- they denied him because of a petty misdemeanor that happened in 1998- he was stopped at the border of canada and us and the officials found a smear of resign on his leatherman and less than a gram of marijuanna. Is this common? what can we do, but pay more money and keep appealing...

Michael
    Is what common? A stupid American marrying a criminal who is using her for a green card? Yes, judging from the victims that have posted on this board, it is extremely common. And in two years you will be crying how you "missed the obvious signs" boo hoo. Please keep sending money to immigration lawyers, our student loans are very high thank you. Smuggling drugs over the border is very common for criminals.

Drug offenses are usually pretty damaging when it comes to immigration, but you don't provide the exact title of the statute of conviction or the sentence imposed. Keep in mind that drug convictions are usually a bar to all immigration benefits. You also don't provide any info regarding the status your spouse had at the time of the conviction.
    When you consult with your attorney, make sure you consult with one experienced in criminal law.

Michael
    Actually that is pretty bad advice; she should consult an immigration lawyer but I hope she follows your advice and sees a criminal lawyer who knows nothing about immigration law so we can be rid of another drug dealer.