free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-485 CSC

Please post your experiences on the best way to help others file their I-485 thru this site.

Please post your experiences on the best way to help others file their I-485 thru this site.

Well I think the best way is to have PLENTY of time, a quiet place and lots of aspirin!!

Actually, I went to the INS office in Oklahoma City and they gave me the whole stack of papers. I read them like 5 times before filing them out. Make sure you have *everything* filled in and that you use the right colored ink! Actually just use black to be safe.
    Make a list of documents you need and cross them off as you get them. If you do leave something blank, write a note to come back to it so you won't forget. You don't want your application rejected because you forgot to fill something in!
    Check, double check and triple check when you are ready to send it out.
    This page from the INS website will help you if you are applying for AOS through marriage and are you in the US :
    http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/ho...pplication.htm

And.......have plenty of patience, it's going to take some time

For those who wish to travel outside US while I-485 is processing, please apply an Advanced Parole(White Passport) document.

And EAD is a non-restricted work permit that allow you to work in the US.

AP and EAD is renewable on yearly basis.

An alien who is eligible to file I-485 form is also eligible to file for AP and EAD. Most people file for the three things at the same time same package.

James

I wanted to say that you have to apply to get your conditions removed before the expiration of your green card, not your second wedding anniversary. Everyone always seems to get that confused.

For marriage cases, you should take this strategy. First, file the I-130 immediate relative petition. Then wait for one full year (or even one and a half year) before filing I-485. The I-130 would likely be approved, if nothing goes wrong, within this waiting period. Then file the I-485 and it takes one year or more to be approved. Can you see ? By the time you get the final adjustment approval, you would have already been marrying to your USC spouse for more than 2 years ! And guess what ? You'll get a PERMANENT RESIDENCY instead of a CONDITIONAL one ! See ? You'll save a lot of energy and burdens to file for removal of the conditional status.

Marie, you're a marriage expert. Have any input/comment about this idea ?

James

Actually, I would file everything together. I wonder if there is a risk doing it the way you say James.

Getting the conditions removed isn't such a big deal. Just KEEP BILLS PEOPLE!! I didn't, no one told me! Anyways, everything still went well!

so many people are advising to do it this way and that way.do we send them in together or seperate,and can i work whilst these are being approved,we are not sure what to do,help please anybody.

WHY ARE CSC TAKING SO LONG?

James wrote :

An alien who is eligible to file I-485 form is also eligible to file for AP and EAD. Most people file for the three things at the same time same package.

May be you should add : Do not file for AP if you overstayed yr visa because you will have some problems entering usa !!!