publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: N 400 Application Lost? How long to wait?

Ok...I know there are many waiting longer than me. However, some who applied to the same service center, Nebraska, with wait times longer than mine have already been fingerprinted and have an interview date. The USCIS processing time for these applicants is behind what my state lists.

However, I can't complain until 30 days after the USCIS processes my date which should be mid Dec to Jan.

My case has NOT been updated since July 26th when Nebraska sent me out the receipt notice letter.

Could my application have gotten lost in the transfer to my local office in Alaska?

Should I write a congressman in our state to just double check? I don't want to push my case ahead....just make sure that it isn't lost and that things are how they are supposed to be.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you!

Ok...I know there are many waiting longer than me. However, some who applied to the same service center, Nebraska, with wait times longer than mine have already been fingerprinted and have an interview date. The USCIS processing time for these applicants is behind what my state lists.

However, I can't complain until 30 days after the USCIS processes my date which should be mid Dec to Jan.

My case has NOT been updated since July 26th when Nebraska sent me out the receipt notice letter.

Could my application have gotten lost in the transfer to my local office in Alaska?

Should I write a congressman in our state to just double check? I don't want to push my case ahead....just make sure that it isn't lost and that things are how they are supposed to be.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you!

Ok.....found out some information. I ended up faxing a form letter to our congressman's district office at 245 pm today. At 445 pm I received a phone call from them double checking my NOA receipt number and verifying my issues. The concern on their end is that it takes so long from the fingerprinting time to the interview as the FBI is really backlogged. The gentleman I talked to was very helpful and said he would inquire about my case for me. I am mainly concerned that since the uscis.gov has not been updated at all since my NOA receipt that my case is lost. He will be contacting me with the information he finds out.

At least I will know what happened. I mean I hate to sit and wait another 5 months till the date passes to find out that an error occurred and that my case was misplaced or the fingerprint notice was lost as our post office is a contract one and very unreliable.

Same experience Momof3-
    I filed my N400 in Vermont in Feb.2004. Took fingerprints at local office in April 2004. Moved in Dec.2004. Changed my address immediately. Went through hell with USCIS. No one knew where my file was. Contacted Congressman, but they were so back-logged I was waiting for 2 months without an update. Made 2 visits to my new local office where I was told that it was still "in process" which didn't make sense as my priority had passed. Eventually wrote the director of the Vermont office,(WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE) received a response from him within 2 weeks. Then received an interview very shortly after. Had the interview-went well but told that a ceremony will be schedule in 2-3 months. :-( YOU have to be your own advocate. Write the DIRECTOR of the location where u originally filed your N-400, explain to him/her what you've been through and that you'd like to get an update from him/her. I hope this helps Momof3-
    Good luck and keep me posted. Take Care

Legaleagle

Geez, you have been waiting a long time. Thanks for the response. I definitely will mail something to the Director of the Nebraska Service Center. I hope things start to go more smoothly for both you and I from this point on. I didn't think of mailing anything to the Director, it can't hurt though!

Good luck and thanks!

YAY I got my FP notice today!

I talked to the congressman's office Friday, the notice was mailed from the local office Tuesday and I received it today.

I think I am going to fly but will wait a day or two and decide since it is a 350 mile trip each way in the snow possibly.

Hopefully, everything else runs smoothly and I can be swearing in around January! We will see as my appt is still 3 weeks away.

Just wanted to update this.

Momof3-I'm so happy for you!!! Thats great. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the interview will be shortly thereafter. :-))

Legaleagle,

Thanks for responding. I hope you get your oath ceremony notice soon. I have been practicing the civics test online. I only had 11th grade US history when we moved here and it is different than Canada's. Thank goodness I remember 99 percent of what I learned in that class as it was interesting. Did the ask you a lot of questions?

Keep me posted when you get your notice.