free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: removal of conditional resident status

wife and son came here on fiance visa, sold her house in uk, put large down on current home, we married, (meantime spent literally thousands with immigration) she was told she could work immediately while paper work is processed, ended up not true, took 6 months to get work auth., also I got laid-off several months during that 6 months, house fell behind terribly, she recieved conditional resident status, we filed chap. 13 bankrupt, could not afford removal of status at time (1 1/2 yrs ago), I got down-sized early this year, now converting from chap. 13 to chap. 7 bankrupt, still delinquent on filing removal of status (no money available) still hanging on to home but things are very iffy... any suggestions?

wife and son came here on fiance visa, sold her house in uk, put large down on current home, we married, (meantime spent literally thousands with immigration) she was told she could work immediately while paper work is processed, ended up not true, took 6 months to get work auth., also I got laid-off several months during that 6 months, house fell behind terribly, she recieved conditional resident status, we filed chap. 13 bankrupt, could not afford removal of status at time (1 1/2 yrs ago), I got down-sized early this year, now converting from chap. 13 to chap. 7 bankrupt, still delinquent on filing removal of status (no money available) still hanging on to home but things are very iffy... any suggestions?

Where do you live? What State, town?
    What is your educational background, credentials? Work experience?
    Why were you laid off?
    Why can't you and/or your wife get a job (she now has Work Auth., right?)
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

olde? only one of your questions has any bearing for all i can tell... i am new here but it seems i see you all about with your pompous nose in every s_ _ (thing) i would really like to hear from someone intelligent and with genuine concern... my issues are real not fantasy as i have read in some of your posts... if I am in the wrong forum then I apologize and will retract my meager membership! Is there anyone with a concern? it sure would be nice to hear from you... thanks but no thanks olde.

I understand your frustration with financial hardships you go through and wish you good luck !

I really don't mind you taking it on me instead of rationally tackling your personal problems

Again, best of luck to you!

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

please understand this olde... i'm taking nothing out, and as far as personal problems, well you'll know what i'm referring to once you obtain your after-life (if there be one for any of us) live how you like while you have that opportunity... i will not be patronized nor belittled by the likes of someone who abuses others, i worked hard and honestly for over 30 yrs including the service of my country... again, thanks but no thanks olde

Ok, have a good one!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tinman:
    wife and son came here on fiance visa, sold her house in uk, put large down on current home, we married, (meantime spent literally thousands with immigration) she was told she could work immediately while paper work is processed, ended up not true, took 6 months to get work auth., also I got laid-off several months during that 6 months, house fell behind terribly, she recieved conditional resident status, we filed chap. 13 bankrupt, could not afford removal of status at time (1 1/2 yrs ago), I got down-sized early this year, now converting from chap. 13 to chap. 7 bankrupt, still delinquent on filing removal of status (no money available) still hanging on to home but things are very iffy... any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Sorry to hear about the rough start of your life together...
    As far as USCIS is concerned, your wife and son are out of status (illegal). GCs were terminated because they did not file for the removal of conditions. That also means that your wife can't legaly work in the USA.
    USCIS accepts late filling if there is a good reason. I've only heard that in connection with a couple of days or weeks late filling, not more than a year.
    Are you aware that USCIS fees can be waived in certain cases? Maybe a bankruptcy is a reason enough... not sure.
    I think it is too late to remove conditions now. The soulution could be to petition them all over again. In the meantime, your wife and son should not leave the USA.

I hope others may have some more suggestions...

Bless you both, aneri and speed_025, your input is very informative... i am sure that an attorney is my only means of 'proper' due process and protection. We've done nothing wrong but procrastination and pride that we think we can work-it-through, but the burden escalates... I was under the impression that filing for government assistance would put me in violation of my support affidavit... i am confused and the burden is enormous... financially and emotionally (especially while trying to raise a young teen and offer him a dream to appreciate and persue) does anyone recommend a specific law office with interest? aneri, my wife is a new grandparent with her other son and has not seen his first child yet who is already almost 2 yrs., imagine her desire to visit yet we cannot afford to financially nor by uscis regs. (GRRRRR!) thank you both for your sincere and objective response!! by the way, i am a construction contractor and offers are coming in for work (fingers-crossed) the trades will pick-up!