50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: How to become a citizen

Here is my question, I hope some one will have some information for me. MY sister is permeant resident for the last 10 years and for the last 9 years she been a cancer patient. She loves to become a citizen of this country that helped her a lot trying to defeat this disease. The only problem she dos not speak English well enough to pass the test required for the citizen ship. She is only 50 years old. Is there any way with her medical condition she can obtain a citizen ship with out English proficiency test. She has paid taxes a been a very good citizen.

Here is my question, I hope some one will have some information for me. MY sister is permeant resident for the last 10 years and for the last 9 years she been a cancer patient. She loves to become a citizen of this country that helped her a lot trying to defeat this disease. The only problem she dos not speak English well enough to pass the test required for the citizen ship. She is only 50 years old. Is there any way with her medical condition she can obtain a citizen ship with out English proficiency test. She has paid taxes a been a very good citizen.

Sorry mate,
    she has to learn english in order to become a us citizen ......no ifs or buts about it.........I am sorry that she is suffering from cancer..........I hope she beats it.

One question though, how on earth has she managed to avoid learnig english over the last 10 years. I would of thought that over that time she would of picked up a basic understanding of the language

Paddy: If you lived in Arizona, you'd quickly realize that Mexicans can live in America for thirty years...and still not speak a word of English. And they don't have to beat cancer.

She may qualify for a waiver. (Form N-648). Check the N-400 application form and instructions. You do not have to take the English test for citizenship but you must take the civics test in the language of your choice.

You may wish to contact a lawyer to consult.