50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proud USC--Can you answer a question?

Maybe you have already answered this before. But, for the record, please answer this question.

Some people keep saying come the legal way. Can you explain how a poor person say from Mexico might come to the U.S. legally? Could you please clarify this statement that keeps getting repeated. "We love immigrants, just come legally."

Is it possible for the poorest people to come here legally without temporary protected status?

Maybe you have already answered this before. But, for the record, please answer this question.

Some people keep saying come the legal way. Can you explain how a poor person say from Mexico might come to the U.S. legally? Could you please clarify this statement that keeps getting repeated. "We love immigrants, just come legally."

Is it possible for the poorest people to come here legally without temporary protected status?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can you explain how a poor person say from Mexico might come to the U.S. legally? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you have to win the olympic.
    or you have a brain that runs 200 mph.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by djim:

Is it possible for the poorest people to come here legally without temporary protected status? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Djim,

There are H2A visas (agricultural) available; however, if the greedy farm owners chose to go this route, they would be forced to pay a fair wage. So, instead, they use (and exploit) the illegals who are already here and are willing to work for slave wages.

There are only so many of those visas right? Not 12-20 million right? So without these visas there are no other ways for the poor to come legally to this country. I am not talking about using labor here. I am talking about all of these people who keep saying "just come legally". They don't seem to understand that with today's immigration system, if you don't have plenty of money, a U.S. relative, some of type of degree that a company can use, you really don't have much of a chance to come to this country.

Or maybe they do understand and just decide to ignore that fact so they can keep the complaining.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by djim:
    There are only so many of those visas right? Not 12-20 million right? So without these visas there are no other ways for the poor to come legally to this country. I am not talking about using labor here. I am talking about all of these people who keep saying "just come legally". They don't seem to understand that with today's immigration system, if you don't have plenty of money, a U.S. relative, some of type of degree that a company can use, you really don't have much of a chance to come to this country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Djim,

You are correct. There is very limited opportunity for poor, lower-skilled immigrants to come to the USA - expecially from certain countries. It is a known fact that we need this labor force, but the ones who are anti-illegal are in denial. How many Americans do you think would be willing to bend over and pick lettuce for 10 hours a day for minimum wage or below? My guess is zero!

It is time for our government to bring the matter of Comprehensive Immigration Reform back to the table. These issues cannot wait another 1 to 2 years.

Definitely not my 15 year old, I can't get him to bend over and pick up his dirty clothes

I hear you, Djim. I have three of my own and can attest that American kids nowadays are too spoiled and lazy to fill any of the jobs that anti-illegals keep saying 'Americans will do'.

There are only so many of those visas right? Not 12-20 million right? <span class="ev_code_BLUE">So without these visas there are no other ways for the poor to come legally to this country</span>. I am not talking about using labor here. I am talking about all of these people who keep saying "just come legally". <span class="ev_code_BLUE">They don't seem to understand that with today's immigration system, if you don't have plenty of money, a U.S. relative, some of type of degree that a company can use, you really don't have much of a chance to come to this country.</span>

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Or maybe they do understand and just decide to ignore that fact so they can keep the </span>complaining. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

America does not need 12-20 million agricultural workers. there are h2 visas for the workers that meet the criteria. There are other h visas available if one meets the criteria. there of course have been limits placed on the available number of visas.

once that quota has been met, then those options are gone, whether it is skilled or unskilled. So no , It is not about "poor people", it is also about the level of education . Poor and educated can come on a h2b visa. Poor does not indicate uneducated .. This is a stereotype. There are many "poor" people in the world who are far more educated with advance degree than the average american in usa.

Bottom line is ... not everyone will have an open invitation or opportunity. It is a pick an choose as to who will immigrate to usa, unless it is a marriage situation.

My opinion on CIR is that at this time, it should not have anything to do with illegals. Lets get the legal reforms sorted out first and foremost. Lets cover those well needed areas and the backogs there. only then can usa look at the illegal population to make recomendtions. The legal poplulation and backlogs that are currently still here are a result of the last two amnesties.

Let employeers pay proper and suitable wages to american workers and they will not have a labor problem. Americans will not work for wages that are substandard. they do not live 10 and 12 people to a home, etc. The employers have become devils and greedy and needy .. the small employer are not getting any government supplements to help them with employment. You have employers reclassifing employees as independent contractors to try to save money, paying illegals for cheaper wages and not to pay payroll taxes and benefits.

Illegals have moved out of the fields and into restaurants, fast food chains, consttuction jobs and a host of many other jobs. Yes, these industries have had an adverse effect on wages for the american worker.

Dont be in denial, CIR needs to take care of the legal immigrant cause. The illegal can wait another 2 or three years to be looked at. Why is there a rush to take care of them with more of a precedent over the legal immigrant and their families