free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help us get together

Hi all I have a delima. I am a Sri Lankan girl I went to America in 2002 with my then Boyfriend who was also sri Lankan. We went on avisirors visa. I was 20. He was 30. We over stayed over 4.5 years. He was horrible to me. He kept my i94 with him. And made me work illegally and collected all the money. Last year i met an awesome American boy and fell in love with him. He helped me get out of the abusive relationship and we moved in together.
    At this time my dad fell very ill and I had to return to srilanka. When I reapplied to go to the USA ins slapped me with a 10 year Ban. My American boyfriend insisted that I marries him and try to go back with him. We tied the knot in srilanka one week ago. I miss his terribly. He went to USA to file a i130 for me. What can we do to speed up the process. If any advice please share

Hi all I have a delima. I am a Sri Lankan girl I went to America in 2002 with my then Boyfriend who was also sri Lankan. We went on avisirors visa. I was 20. He was 30. We over stayed over 4.5 years. He was horrible to me. He kept my i94 with him. And made me work illegally and collected all the money. Last year i met an awesome American boy and fell in love with him. He helped me get out of the abusive relationship and we moved in together.
    At this time my dad fell very ill and I had to return to srilanka. When I reapplied to go to the USA ins slapped me with a 10 year Ban. My American boyfriend insisted that I marries him and try to go back with him. We tied the knot in srilanka one week ago. I miss his terribly. He went to USA to file a i130 for me. What can we do to speed up the process. If any advice please share

Hi mvonhagt,

unfortunately, the process of bringing relatives (like wifes) to the USA can be a long one. It takes about a year if everything goes normal. One can not speed up the process. You can only do your best to answer all the questions and send all the documents, so there is no delay.

Your journey will be even longer because of your history / 10 year ban. Your visa can NOT be approved before you get a waiver for ban approved.

First, get familiar with the process for I-130 and immigrant visa. The step after would be to learn as much as you can about "extreme harship waiver" and see if you and your husband can do it yourselves, or you need to hire a lawyer.

If you have some specific questions, you can ask here.

And, no, nobody can tell you how long the whole process will take.

Originally from: Galaxy of Centaurus A (also known as NGC 5128)
    Get a Nobel Prize or make a multibillion dollar investment in a large industry, or have 20 major Nationwide newsmedia outlets trumpet your cause from headlines day and night, put tremendous PR pressure on everyone involved and you sure are going to get your case speeded up.

Other than than, follow the advise aneri gave you.

For more thorough consultation contact an immigration attorney and hire services of one.
    Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

Hi, Thank you for the speedy reply. I appreciate all the answers as it makes me fell that some one cares enough to reply.

in the extreme hardship waiver what are the factors that we need to prove. Hy husband is looking to hire a lawyer from CA. Does any one have any suggestions on reasonable yet effective lawyer that we may hire for this purpose.

Thank you once again to all respondents

Here's some info on the waiver process here
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Originally from: Galaxy of Centaurus A (also known as NGC 5128)
    Looks like Sri Lanka is such a nice place to be.
    Why don't you consider having your husband move and live there with you and may be you could apply for US visa 10 years later when your ban is lifted?

Images of Sri Lanka

Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

Yes. I did think of that, But as I said earlier my husband cant speak or understand the language. Not to mention the civil unrest in the country. My husband will not be able to work over here. He was only here for 2 weeks and we had to go through a lot of nasty looks and comments from people that just passes us by on the street. It was very hurtful and i don't know if I can put up with that sort of thing for 9 years more

I Could Very easily Live on That Beach For The Rest of my life!!! Tree Bark and Snails Are Said to Have very Nourishing life Sustaining elements!? .
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y