free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off topic but very funny!

For those of you who have BBC America, there's a show on there called Top Gear. Last night was the funniest episode I've seen yet. They attempted to take a Renault Espace ("people carrier" car) and make it into a convertible!

Top Gear - Renault Espace Convertible challenge
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

For those of you who have BBC America, there's a show on there called Top Gear. Last night was the funniest episode I've seen yet. They attempted to take a Renault Espace ("people carrier" car) and make it into a convertible!

Top Gear - Renault Espace Convertible challenge
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

hilarious Brit

I truly do wish we could get renault cars and vans in america.

I'm always surprised why Renault/Citroen doesn't import to the US. They make some of the best suspensions around.

My cousin has a 2004 Renault Scenic which is a small MPV/SUV kind of design and a turbo diesel. He gets an average of 38mpg, more on the equivalent of the Interstates.

You can get the citroen. a gorgeous auto if one can afford it .

USA .. it is conspiracy. They dont consume enough gas. they dont want these good mileage vehicles here. They dont even want americans to know about them. You could not resell americans on reneault after their stint with LeCar. I think they all fell apart on them or something. lol That russian car did the same thing and the korean model.

Interesting.. Ford motor makes the Ford Transit for the uk and other parts of the world that get good mileage, but does not offer that van in usa. go figure. None of the Renault vans are able to come here, and the only reason the mercedes sprinter is available to the public is because it is the Dodge sprinter here from Chrysler acquisition. This is when i figured out that it was deliberate. Shame shame shame on this country

The "Big 3" have done their best to edge out the competition here by persuading the public that bigger is better when it doesn't have to be.

Take Honda for example. Their S2000 has a 2.2 liter, 4 cyl engine producing 237hp giving approx 18/25mpg. The Ford Mustang convertible is a V8, 300hp 15/22mpg. All you're doing is burning more fuel!

My own Honda Accord Coupe is a V6, 240hp yet I routinely get 20-22mpg round town and 30+ Interstates. I've had an amazing 35mpg more than once too. BTW, the 2010 year sees (finally!) Honda's turbo diesel moving over here. It first came out in Europe in 2005 and quickly became a best seller.

They have some great little run arounds in Europe..great miles per gallon, shame they can't have them over here.
    I had a Renault..great little car.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    You can get the citroen. a gorgeous auto if one can afford it .

USA .. it is conspiracy. They dont consume enough gas. they dont want these good mileage vehicles here. They dont even want americans to know about them. You could not resell americans on reneault after their stint with LeCar. I think they all fell apart on them or something. lol That russian car did the same thing and the korean model.

Interesting.. Ford motor makes the Ford Transit for the uk and other parts of the world that get good mileage, but does not offer that van in usa. go figure. None of the Renault vans are able to come here, and the only reason the mercedes sprinter is available to the public is because it is the Dodge sprinter here from Chrysler acquisition. This is when i figured out that it was deliberate. Shame shame shame on this country </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You are dealing with different consumer perceptions between Europe, U.S., Asia, or Latin America. Unlike Europe, product differentiation in the four auto market segments (entry, mass market, premium, luxury) can have significant impact on the consumer perception. For instance, high quality European and Japanese automakers dominate the luxury market while Toyota and Honda, again Japanese automakers, dominate the mass market segment. Conversely, the European market is dominated by the European automakers while Japanese or American tend to be serious consumer dissatisfaction.

Link 1

Link 2
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Sure that wasnt a part of the BENNY HILL SHOW??? LOL
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

The times they are a-changing though Hudson. The "Big 3" are desperately trying to play catch up. The Japanese manufacturers read the market right in the early 2000's and produced good quality vehicles which give good mpg's. They led in the hybrid technologies too. To be fair, they had been producing these kind of cars for many years before.

The "Big 3" failed miserably and kept producing gas guzzlers, which Bush didn't help out much by allowing the truck tax rebate to extend to vehicles over $30k and a certain weight. Great at the time for them but proved to be to a coffin in the long run. I believe that tax rebate still exists? Why???

Yes Sprintie, those little Renault's were good, kind of My mom had a Renault5 until it spontaneously combusted at the end of our road one day! Turned out, they had a known wiring fault. The loom was placed too close to the clutch bell-housing which created much heat and could eventually melt the loom.