50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: c1/d1 Visa

my Fiance and I are currently working on a K1 visa and are just a few months away from completion: My question is that he is currently still working on a cruise ship and I would like him to come home prior to going back to Turkey to complete the Visa process to help me with the wedding plans. His ship will be in San Diego (a few hours from home) mid-october. I know that he has 30 days with his c1 visa, but what I cant find out is 30 days at the start of the contract or the end of his contract, basicly what I am trying to find out is can he stay here for 30 days after his contract is up and then go back home and wait for the visa? Can any one help with this question? Thanks!

my Fiance and I are currently working on a K1 visa and are just a few months away from completion: My question is that he is currently still working on a cruise ship and I would like him to come home prior to going back to Turkey to complete the Visa process to help me with the wedding plans. His ship will be in San Diego (a few hours from home) mid-october. I know that he has 30 days with his c1 visa, but what I cant find out is 30 days at the start of the contract or the end of his contract, basicly what I am trying to find out is can he stay here for 30 days after his contract is up and then go back home and wait for the visa? Can any one help with this question? Thanks!

this type of visa does not allow him to stay in the country even is he marrying an UScitizen,but the waiting period is short. GOOD LUCK!

Employee of the ship receive D-visa not in his passport its on the crew list supplied by the shipping companies Agent in United States signed by the Caption of the ship.
    D-visa is valid untill the ship is in the port, and some time the crew are not allowed to leave the ship untill its departure.
    You should be able to go on the ship and see him or stay for few days if caption's approval might be needed.

C-visa is issued to Alien in transit.