publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Does one submit marriage evidence with N-400, based on 3 years?

Hey you all out there,
    If I want to submit aN n-400 based on 3 years marriage to USC, can anyone tell me from experience whether evidence of being married/staying together is required?

I checked the N-400 form at http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/f...iles/N-400.pdf and it does not seem to ask for the evidence as was required when doing an AOS application based on marriage.

Any help here will be appreciated.

Hey you all out there,
    If I want to submit aN n-400 based on 3 years marriage to USC, can anyone tell me from experience whether evidence of being married/staying together is required?

I checked the N-400 form at http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/f...iles/N-400.pdf and it does not seem to ask for the evidence as was required when doing an AOS application based on marriage.

Any help here will be appreciated.

Hello JD

You are playing a very dangererous game here my friend. Its called GREED. And greed will get you everytime.

You took your decision when you left your wife. You knew there was a pot of gold waiting at the end of the rainbow. You dropped out of the race.. and now you still want the trophy.

Submitting N400 is based on an ongoing marriage, and you will be asked for evidences at the interview. Now you had better be REAL sure that your wife will go along with you on this as it could blow up in your face. A major selling point for her will be that "she will be off the hook for sponsership for you".

Do I smell reconciliation here

I dont know what part of the questions led you to see greed in my question.

I was weighing the pros and cons, quite justifiably, though wife has indicated she would help if I needed help in this aspect.

However, I still cant see the real benefit of getting citizenship NOW as opposed to 3 years more of waiting coz to me theres no big difference between GC and USC at this point, so I guess I will wait.

However, please show me the part of the N-400 that asks for evidence of staying together, which means they dont check for this, as if they take applicant for their word.

John

It appeared as though you were going to apply for n400 per marriage-based, as we know that you are seperated. Thats the greed scenario. But If your wife is willing to help you... then there is your answer, and thats great for u.

The Big difference between gc and citizenship is that you are still open to removal. And you never know what may happen. Citizenship you are not!

If she is giving you a green light.. go 4 it.

John.. your application will be marriage-based. You will be asked. If you lie and are caught... Your app will be denied. Pretty simple.

The advantages of citizenship over GC are several. First, as mentioned before, as long as you are not a citizen something may happen int he future that will cause you to lose your citizenship- like giving up your residence by absence fo rmore than 6 months, or conviction of a crime. Also as a citizen you have the right to petition for family members. Even if none of your family are intersted now, you might want to put in a petition now so that they have hte option many years from now. Congress is always looking for ways to deprive benefits and oppurtunities to those that decide not to naturalize.

As for the marriage based naturalization based on only three years- it would be a bad idea to lie. It is true that the instruction guide does not spend much time discussing proof of continuing marriage, but it is there. If you are applying for naturlization after only three years of residency you must not only still be married to the USC that originally petitioned for you, but you must "be in marital accord" ( a stricter standard than for AOS or removal of conditions. For removal of conditions you can be separated, but for fastrack Naturalization you must be happily together. Don't risk your residency now with fraud w/ USCIS.

To look at the documents requested you must look at the Guide to Naturalization, which is incorporated in ints entirety into the instruction on the form by reference.

Katycab,
    Thanks for the advice; interesting you are in Raleigh. Am also in same city.

You just never know what can happen is right.

Perfect example:

My husband was issued the wrong fishing license by Wal-Mart. He was charged with three misdemeanors (no jail time for these, kind of like traffic ticket) by the Game Warden and COULD have been charged with a felony for signing the back of the fishing license.

He ended up pleading "no contest" to using bait. Other two charges thrown out. I told him to plead "not guilty" but does he ever listen to me? No!

What if someone starts a fight with you? You only have Green Card, you can't fight back.

People can also have false charges brought up on you if they don't like you. My neighbor thinks my husband is illegal and that we are terrorists and "won't we be suprised when the police and FBI knock on our door." Won't HE be surprised for filing false charges. Crazy old man also thinks we are doing the funky chicken 24-7. I know I'm HOT, but dayum.

Listen to 4now. Don't play games with N-400.
    Sweet Madame Belu

Hi JD,

No offense to you at all ... but It just came in my mind .... Before she was even charging you / blackmailing you to just give support in this BCIS thing and now even in N 400 ... not talking about first conditional green card ... she is ready to support you ....

Well as I said no offense to you at all...and I wish you all the best .... If u file after 3 yrs on married base ... u will have to provide all those stuff what you did for you I 751 .... Good luck ... Pasha