free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is their hope for marriage

i am a US citizen my fiancee is now in guatemala. he came to the US illegally in march 2002 but was caught/jailed/released.. he didnt go to the hearing and stayed here up until 2 months ago in april 2007.(been here 5 years). i am visiting him in 2 weeks and we want so much to be married is there anything to make this possible?? anything? other than waiting 10 years how is that a "bona fide" marriage??

i am a US citizen my fiancee is now in guatemala. he came to the US illegally in march 2002 but was caught/jailed/released.. he didnt go to the hearing and stayed here up until 2 months ago in april 2007.(been here 5 years). i am visiting him in 2 weeks and we want so much to be married is there anything to make this possible?? anything? other than waiting 10 years how is that a "bona fide" marriage??

Move to Guatamala?

You can probably file a waiver - www.visacentral.net for more info.

Yes, I agree, you may be eligible for a waiver, it's the I-601. You can get married and still apply for a perm res. visa too. It will be denied becauuse of the inadmissibility clause, but at the interview for it is when you submit your waiver application.

I am almost in the same situation except my fiance went back on an H2B visa and they caught his fingerprints for illegal entry. I hired a lawyer and am trying for a fiance visa.....i suggest you get a lawyer and DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!!!!!

I hate to be the voice of negativity here but, My friend was married for eight years to a documented illegal who was finally deported back to Romania. It took almost three years for him to be able to return and that was with the help of a Congressman and a Senetor. When he finally decided to come back, he scammed his wife and children out of all their money and brought his russian girlfriend with him. Trust me...it will be a long process...even three years is a long time. People move on even when you dont. Cut your losses and move on. My friend "never gave up" and she is now over $50,000 in debt with no husband.

Excellent advices tree !!! The guy committed crimes and this woman is still on his side. I bet she is a fat cow weighing 160+ pounds and can not find a guy in the U.S. so she is desperate to believe his lies. Tell your friend that the guy who scammed her will get his someday - he married a Russian, the biggest scammers in the world !!!

Wannamarry,
    I realize that "moving on" and "finding a new man" are probably not options for you. I have quite a bit of info on the whole waiver process, it can be quite complicated. If you like, PM me.
    Don't give up.

wannamarry- don't listen to all this negativity....just cause ONE person did wrong to someone else DOES NOT mean your man will....just BE STRONG!!! i am doing everything in my power right now to get my man back....they aren't BAD PEOPLE they come here illegally cause that's their ONLY option...but ignorant people will NEVER understand that!!!!