50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: MELAB

Has anyone taken the MELAB? How hard is the test? is it better to take TOEFL instead?

If my extension is granted, but I decided to go back home....will there'll be a conflict or problems?

Is there anyone from California?...Do I need to be licensed in my country (Philippines) as a nurse to be able to take NCLEX exam? some says I do not have it, some says I have to.

Thanks

Has anyone taken the MELAB? How hard is the test? is it better to take TOEFL instead?

If my extension is granted, but I decided to go back home....will there'll be a conflict or problems?

Is there anyone from California?...Do I need to be licensed in my country (Philippines) as a nurse to be able to take NCLEX exam? some says I do not have it, some says I have to.

Thanks

u wil need prc lic. in the phil. for your visa screen application. u will do this once u passed your NCLEX-RN in the US. in the meantime focus studying both local board exam and nxlex-rn exam u can take nclex-rn here without your prc lic.(in Ca. u can take such exam but once u passed they wont issue your lic. unless you will provide the SS#. your option is to take in NY and Ga they dont req. prc lic. the rest of the state u have to have a CGFNS certificate. do the melab later after u passed nclex-rn u will need that only for your final interview for your greencard.hope this will help. better consult an attorney who knows immigration and your situation.

Thank you very very much for the info.

1.Melab is easier than toefl/Tse. And more cheaper too!
    2.I don't think you would have a problem If you get your extention then decided to go home anyway. You will have a problem If you overstayed.
    3. When I took my Nclex-Rn under california Boards, they didn't ask for my license in the Phils. You better ask for an application packet for instructions ( call the board of Nursing in California and ask to send you an application materials for NCLEX-examination, or call them and ask questions )
    4. a FEIN can be used for the release of your license in California. Its a federal employers Identification No. Your employer is the one to provide you this. You will need to be sponsored so that your employer will let you use the FEIN.
    5. Yeah, I think its best for you to take the New York stateboard. ( NCLEX-Rn New York Licensure ) Although now, the processing time takes longer up to six months before you get your authorization to test ( att ). You might not have the time to wait when you're in a tourist visa.
    goodluck.

Thanks to both of you.
    Yes my visa will expire on Oct. 14, but I will go back to the Philippines on September 7. I do not want to overstay. Can my sister send my application for me?...Is it true that it's easier if I take the test in California?
    If I leave on Sept. 7, can I come back at the end of November for Thanks Giving? What are my chances in getting a 6 months stay?
    Again Thanks...

1. Ofcourse, your sister can send your application but make sure you've completed everything in the application forms.
    2. What do you mean If its easier If you take the test in California ? did you mean the processing time or the test questions ? test questions as far as I know are similar in all other states. If I am not mistaken, test questions were developed by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing, they're the organizations that sponsors and manages the NCLEX, they're the one who makes test questions and are given to all the states of america.
    3. To your questions :

" If I leave on Sept. 7, can I come back at the end of November for Thanks Giving? What are my chances in getting a 6 months stay? "
    You must give the Immigration officer at your port of entry a good reason for ANOTHER visit in the US ... its up to them how much time they would allow you to stay.