Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: need some answers

Hi
    Ok here is a whole mouthful.
    I came to the states about 7 years ago on an exchange program, then i changed my status to a F-1 student visa and studied. the cost of my studies became too much and my sponsor could no longer help me.neither i nor my famliy back home had any money to pay for a ticket to go home and i did not really know what else to do about it thankfully some friends helped me by letting me stay with them for a while. i then met someone and we fell so deeply in love. I overstayed my visa by more than 3 years. we want to get married i want to know how i am to go about this or if there is even any way to go abou this.

I ask that you please don't just judge someone by what you read without knowing the person. because certain situations force people to be in situations they never intended being in.

I should also mention that while i was still in status i got a misdemeanor charge for something i did not do intentionally but because of lack of money i could not do anything to defend myself and got a criminal record this is a first defense and only minor i could get it removed from my record.

the person i want to marry is a legal citizen and our love is very real and true.

Hi
    Ok here is a whole mouthful.
    I came to the states about 7 years ago on an exchange program, then i changed my status to a F-1 student visa and studied. the cost of my studies became too much and my sponsor could no longer help me.neither i nor my famliy back home had any money to pay for a ticket to go home and i did not really know what else to do about it thankfully some friends helped me by letting me stay with them for a while. i then met someone and we fell so deeply in love. I overstayed my visa by more than 3 years. we want to get married i want to know how i am to go about this or if there is even any way to go abou this.

I ask that you please don't just judge someone by what you read without knowing the person. because certain situations force people to be in situations they never intended being in.

I should also mention that while i was still in status i got a misdemeanor charge for something i did not do intentionally but because of lack of money i could not do anything to defend myself and got a criminal record this is a first defense and only minor i could get it removed from my record.

the person i want to marry is a legal citizen and our love is very real and true.

Unfortunately due to yr story about the crime history it seeems u 'll need a lawyer

The overstay would be forgiven if marrying a citizen. What is the misdemeanor,what was the sentence, and how long ago was it? If you list these there might be someone in similar circumstances who would post or someone that can give you an idea about whether it will cause a problem. This won't be legal advice however. A lot of immigration attorneys will give a free consultation. You need a copy of your record from the court for them to see.

thanks for the info
    I am going to meet with an attorney sometime next week to see what my options are.

it was a shoplifting charge, which was not really shoplifting but i could not pay for a lawyer to help me defend my case so i had to plea quilty which really ruined things for me but anyhow you cannot sit and cry over spilled milk right there are worser things to cry about?
    I got a fine which i paid and since it was my first offence and the value of the article was below $40 it was a misdemeanor for moral turpitude.