50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chances of getting a EU passport...

i am trying to get an EU passport. my parents are not born in europe but my dad has a grandmother born in france and a grandfather born in norway. i am trying to get this passport in order to recieve a work permit in england. what are the chances of me recieving a passport or does anyone have any suggestions?

i am trying to get an EU passport. my parents are not born in europe but my dad has a grandmother born in france and a grandfather born in norway. i am trying to get this passport in order to recieve a work permit in england. what are the chances of me recieving a passport or does anyone have any suggestions?

If you have a EU member citizenship (=passport) you don't need a work permit for any other EU member state.

If your birthparents are not citizens of any EU state, it's very unlikely that you can just get derivative citizenship from a grandparent.

If you're a U.S. citizen at this time, you need to renounce your U.S. citizenship to optain a new one at this stage. For EU citizenships, you usually need to be a resident of 8 years and up or be the spouse of a citizen for a certain amount of time etc.

No you dont have to renounce US citizenship to be a dual national and I would advise noone to renounce. You may be able to get citizenship in either France or Norway but you will have to find out the citizenship laws of both countries as relates to grandparents.

I have a suggestion: don't bother coming to England. It's ****.

Call embassies of France and Norway. They will tell you exactly what you want to know. Btw, Norway is not in the EU and won't help you much if you want to work in England.

I used to be an EU nationality consultant. The only two countries in the EU which allow acquisition of nationality via grandparent are Ireland and Italy. Oth4er than that unless one of your parents was born in the EU (or already have an EU passport) you're going to have to find another avenue.

" Norway is not in the EU and won't help you much if you want to work in England."

HOWEVER Norway is covered under the European Economic Area (EEA) agreement which DOES grant reciprocial EU-EFTA working rights. Should be OK for entry to Britain.

Spursgirl79

oooooo! do we have an attitude against the kingdom ?

HOWEVER such a permit would have very limited privileges, e.g. you could not take advantage of domestic tuition rates...

HOWEVER such a permit would have very limited privileges, e.g. you could not take advantage of domestic tuition rates...

ne ne ne!!!