free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Immigration Law Question: Mistake on Naturalization certificate

Immigration Law Question: Mistake on Naturalization certificate

Got my Naturalization Certificate today and they put marital status as Divorced on the Certificate at the Interview I brought a copy of my previous divorce and my current marriage certificate? So they goofed up do I have to pay now I have made an info pass appointment! They know I am married as I filed the I-130 for my husband also . Will they make me pay ? to correct it.
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

Does it matter? What's the main purpose of the Certificate? To prove you are a USC right? You can still get a passport with that.

You can request a change and re-issue I suppose. I dunno if they'll charge for it or not. By rights they shouldn't. It might be expensive if they charge for it however. It also takes a long time I believe.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

How do I request a correction in my Naturalization Certificate?

To correct a Naturalization certificate, if a clerical error was made, file Form N-565, Application for Replacement of Naturalization/Citizenship Document, without fee at the USCIS office with jurisdiction over your residence. If the error was your fault, the fee must be paid.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/si...CM10000048f3d6a1RCRD
    [IMG:left]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_71xng3bfgYI/TTr2VioHvHI/AAAAAAAAAF8/S3D_j5sPwTo/s1600/62846660_Dali.jpg[/IMG] [i]When Andre Breton discovered for himself my paintings, he was clearly shocked by excremental details polluting it. I was surprised.

THanks Olde..
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

Help Please:

Hello Mary, I know someone in the same situation. I dont know if by now you were able to get the issue sorted out. If you did please let me know what you did and also if it affected the I-130 you had already filed for your husband.

Much thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mary Ireland View Post
    Got my Naturalization Certificate today and they put marital status as Divorced on the Certificate at the Interview I brought a copy of my previous divorce and my current marriage certificate? So they goofed up do I have to pay now I have made an info pass appointment! They know I am married as I filed the I-130 for my husband also . Will they make me pay ? to correct it.