50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Help Please!!!

My sister's father and brother are citizens she has a B1/B2 visa what are her options in coming and being able to adjust status and get a work permit. Her father might not have the resources to be a sponsor. She just wants him to file so she could work and be self sufficient. Also her father's name is not on her birth certificate what would he have to do to prove he his her father. Thanks in advance

My sister's father and brother are citizens she has a B1/B2 visa what are her options in coming and being able to adjust status and get a work permit. Her father might not have the resources to be a sponsor. She just wants him to file so she could work and be self sufficient. Also her father's name is not on her birth certificate what would he have to do to prove he his her father. Thanks in advance

1. What country are you from?
    2. Is this a civil marriage or religious, marriage of your parents.

I am not sure about the proof that he is her father without a name on the birth certificate, but I am sure that a DNA test should do the trick.

Before contemplating coming on a B1/B2 visa, she should look into processing times for residency applications. As both her father and her brother could apply for her.

She will need a sponsor for the I-864, but if the person sponsoring her (i.e. her father does not make 25% above the poverty line (somewhere between 15,000 and 16,000 per year at this point - for two people) they he can always get a co-sponsor, perhaps her brother or another person would be willing to act as a co-sponsor (it does not need to be a relative.)

Hope this helps.

More info please ...

What is the exact relationship between sister and father...? I meant step father?

Whats her age? Under 21? Married / unmarried?