50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Off Topic Posts/Nuisance Posts

There have been an increasing number of off topic posts and nuissance posts that need to be addressed. We can not continue to ignore these people. We should have them reported and deported ! I am collecting all information on these abusers and will be reporting them. People come here for help and we should not tolerate foolishness.

Thank you.

There have been an increasing number of off topic posts and nuissance posts that need to be addressed. We can not continue to ignore these people. We should have them reported and deported ! I am collecting all information on these abusers and will be reporting them. People come here for help and we should not tolerate foolishness.

Thank you.

At least someone here has a sense of humor

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    I took a look at the imbra.org site. How can they possibly think they can enforce something like that? Holding a foreign based business to our laws is ridiculous.

In the scenario of a MOB (mail order bride)when she shows up for the visa interview she will know before hand to tell the interviewer she has signed off on the guys info. On one hand it might be good for them to know something about the guy. Usually things like that would come out anyway during the course of the relationship. How many time has each person been married. How many kids each has. If the stats you gave are accurate about the percentage of abuse between foreign versus domestic based marriages then its a mute law. Why bother? They should try to enact something like that for American citizen marriages since the violence rates are so much higher. That is of course assuming the true intent is deterring violence. Come to think of it they should. There should be more required for getting a marriage license than a showing a pictured ID. By the way, they do ask if your a U.S. citizen. if you say no, they don't care.

Maybe it is a veiled attempt to prevent bringing women from overseas. You pointed out how it was made easier to be labeled an abuser etc. That may be the other part. The part to scare off the would be American male from even thinking about it. Knowing that the consequences of a failed marriage can be more than just legal fees and half your property.

Is this even being enforced at all? Is there some official form to submit to the abc dating site? If this went into affect early 2006 then there are already violators. Early in 2006 I myself was still chatting on line with women from Russia via a dating site located in Virginia. They never asked any information from me along the lines of what is in this law.
    Perhaps it doesn't come into play unless you make the trip to see them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    There are international laws and home coutry laws that permit this. However, IMBRA does not affect most online dating services such as friendfinder or match.com, or others.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre