50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: joint sponsor

my fiance is petetioning her parents to immigrate here in US. Her income is not enough to sponsors, we are now living together. Can I be a joint sponsor, for her income to increase. What shall we do?

my fiance is petetioning her parents to immigrate here in US. Her income is not enough to sponsors, we are now living together. Can I be a joint sponsor, for her income to increase. What shall we do?

Click here for information on joint sponsorship.

Sponsorship of your fiance's parents will also depend on her status. Please see below:

http://www.path2usa.com/immigration/...ased/index.htm

Eligibility

Sponsor Eligibility American National
    To be eligible to sponsor a relative to immigrate to the United States you must meet the following criteria:

* You must be a citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States and be able to provide documentation proving your status.

* You must prove that you can support your relative at 125% above the mandated poverty line. Click here to find out more information about meeting this criteria and filing the Affidavit of Support.

* If you are a US Citizen you may petition for the following foreign national relatives to immigrate to the United States; however you must be able to provide proof of the relationships:

Husband or wife;
    Unmarried child under 21 years old;
    Unmarried son or daughter over 21;
    Married son or daughter of any age;
    Brother or sister, if you are at least 21 years old; or
    Parent, if you are at least 21 years old.

* If you are a lawful permanent resident you may petition for the following foreign national relatives to immigrate to the United States; however you must be able to provide proof of the relationships:

Husband or wife; or
    Unmarried son or daughter of any age.

my question is if I can be a joint sponsor for my fiance parents. My concern is that we re not related by blood. Te consulate might deny.
    My fiance income is not enough to sponsors her parents.

pls help

Where I said, Click here, did you? That provides information regarding who can be a joint sponsor.

yes i read it, my fiancee is a U S citizen, only her income is not enough to sponsors both her parents. so she need a joint sponsors. my question is if , myself who is her fiance can be a joint sposors, I am a green card holder and we are living together. I read the I-864 and it is stating their that neeed to be a relative. I would like to ask for a second opinion.

Is it yes for me to be a joint sponsor for my fiance or no because we are not blood related or not married yet. pls help

Hi emes,

I copied this from the link I provided. As long as you are an LPR, from what I understand, you should be able to be a joint sponsor. Please read the following:

A joint sponsor can be any U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident who is at least 18 years old,domiciled in the United States, or its territories or possessions,and willing to be held jointly liable with the petitioner for thesupport of the intending immigrant. A joint sponsor does not have to be related to the petitioning sponsor or the intending immigrant