free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: ex husband

My ex husband married a USC.
    I was wondering how long will it take for my children ages 18,16 and 11 to get a green card? My ex husband has been a student in the USA for the past 7 years. My children are on a F2 dependant visa. I live in Europe.

My ex husband married a USC.
    I was wondering how long will it take for my children ages 18,16 and 11 to get a green card? My ex husband has been a student in the USA for the past 7 years. My children are on a F2 dependant visa. I live in Europe.

When did he marry the USC and how old was the oldest child when that happened?

he married her dec 2003 and my oldest was and still is 18 years old

Oldest child cannot get a green card from this marriage.

If you are aiming on someday getting a greencard yourself through your children, it will be years and years away.
    Have a nice day

I don't believe my oldest son CANNOT get a green card from this marriage. But I guess someday he will eventually, like Gluhbirne's reply....'it will be years and years away' lol. Anyway, I am asking because my 2 sons refuses to come with me to Europe and we need to find a solution that will suit everyone's needs. Why is this so complicated? Which other ways of getting my oldest son to understand that he needs to continue his studies and then get a greencard through employment.

Copy and paste from uscis website...

People who want to become immigrants are classified into categories based on a preference system. The immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, which includes parents, spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21, do not have to wait for an immigrant visa number to become available once the visa petition filed for them is approved by the USCIS. An immigrant visa number will be immediately available for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens. Click here for information on obtaining an immigrant visa number if you are an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen. The relatives in the remaining categories must wait for an immigrant visa number to become available according to the following preferences:
    "¢ First Preference: Unmarried, adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens. Adult means 21 years of age or older.
    "¢ Second Preference: Spouses of lawful permanent residents, their unmarried children (under twenty-one), and the unmarried sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents.
    "¢ Third Preference: Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens.
    "¢ Fourth Preference: Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens.

Source:- http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/r...m#anchor156900
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

If everything goes ok it will take approximately 4 years for your husband to become USC... unmarried children under age 21 comes as immediate relatives so your 2 sons 16 yrs and 11 yrs old will benefit from it ....

Who is 18 yrs old right now will fall under first preference and have to wait until his visa date becomes current ....

Good luck...Pasha