free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Overstay visa, just married an A. citizen

I'm an over stay visa visitor in USA for about 2 years. I just married an American citizen. My question is what forms must I fill and send to USCIC? Please help. I will appreciate any help.

I'm an over stay visa visitor in USA for about 2 years. I just married an American citizen. My question is what forms must I fill and send to USCIC? Please help. I will appreciate any help.

Someone12
    You should complete VC-101 (Visa Cheat 101) and then DM-200 (DeportMe 200)....why should anyone care about a visa cheat? Remember those lies you told our embassy and border officials?

No no; VC-101 is to marry a Victor Charlie (Viet Cong)

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb9...CM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Here is a link to start your processing.

You will also need to file I-130

But do not file I-131

Hello floretnia

Welcome to ILw

and congrats on your new marriage!

the following forms will need to be filed:

I-130
    1-485
    1-765
    i-864
    325a biographic info for usc
    325a biographic info for spouse
    i-693 medical

follow the instructions on i-485 and i-130 to submit evidences for your marriage . do not enclose original documents, but bring the originals to the interview for adjustment of status for the Immigration officer to review.

Examples and information is plentiful at
    www.visajourney.com

they also have interview experiences listed there.

Your overstay will be forgiven because of marriage to USC and any illegal work that you may have done. make sure you have your passport and i-94 readily available to show you had legal entry to the usa.

Best Wishes

Hi jake, Thanks so much for you answers. Its great help for me. There is a form I-693 medical exam. do you have any advice where I can do it? I don't my own doctor or health ins. I wonder if my husband can put me in his health ins.right now, without SS# ? If you know about it (med. centers for low income people or something else)please tell me. Your help is so much appreciated. God bless you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There is a form I-693 medical exam. do you have any advice where I can do it? I don't my own doctor or health ins. I wonder if my husband can put me in his health ins.right now, without SS# ? If you know about it (med. centers for low income people or something else)please tell me. Your help is so much appreciated. God bless you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi...
    there's a list of USCIS doctors on the website
    jake send you choose one nearest in your locations. It won't cost you that much maybe
    about $ 200 to $300. Doesn't matter if you don't have an ss# or insurance just bring the your USCIS application notice receipts and your passport.

Florentina, unfortunately you can't go to any doctor for the medical.
    There are specific doctors that are accepted by the USCIS and only those can you go to.
    You can either call (automated) the USCIS or go to their website where you can put your zip code in for a list of doctors who are USCIS approved.

Before you go, you need to check the list on the forms whether you are up to date with vaccinations and so on. You need dates and proof if you have any of when you last had those vaccinations.
    You will need a TB test at some point.

My advice to you would be, go to your local Health Center. They would do vaccinations either for free or for a small fee. Its far better then going to a doctor.
    Usually the TB test should be free as you are not yet a permanent resident. Tell them you are not and they should not charge you. I am not sure if States have their own rules on that or not, but check. Talk with them, tell them or show them what you have had, and they will tell you what you will need if it is required.

The doctors for USCIS medical varies, 200+ I think it is. Call a few on the list near you to find out costs. Before you go, make sure you have all your paperwork that is necessary, they don't just take your word for it (well most of the time).
    Unfortunately there is no way around the costs for the medical, but if you can go to a Health Center and obtain anything there first, then it will save you money and stress.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Florentina one more thing, regarding the TB test.

Not sure where you are from origianally but say in England where I am from, a BCG vacination was common years ago.
    The BCG vacination causes a TB skin test to come up positive. If that happens here, they will ask you to have an xray to confirm or not that you have TB.

If you have had the BCG vaccination in the past, my advice to you would be go straight for the Xray and not the skin test.Tell them that you have had the BCG so Xray would be the best.
    It saves time and its more accurate then the skin test, not to forget that the skin test will show up positive anyway.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.