50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Whats in a signature?? i-751

i`m removing conditions on my GC. I`m still married to my wife ....but at the moment She is out of the country and will be back in september 5th while i need to file by aug 28th, i`m wondering whether i can go ahead and wite her name where she has to sign..just to beat the deadline...

i`m removing conditions on my GC. I`m still married to my wife ....but at the moment She is out of the country and will be back in september 5th while i need to file by aug 28th, i`m wondering whether i can go ahead and wite her name where she has to sign..just to beat the deadline...

No. Is August 28, 2006 the expiry date on your conditional green card?
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Whistle blower

You know you cant sign her name. Send her the completed 751 petition and have her sign it. It does not need to be notarized. Have her send it back to you by special mail ... then send it on to the service center. YOu have plenty of time to complete this task.. mail..receive back and send.

Even if you end of filing late... You can send a letter of explanation for late filing. Not a big deal.

thanxs guys for your inputs,i appreciate these alot.yes my CGC expires on the 28th.

You said on August 3rd,that you are about to file to remove the conditions.And you said it will expire on the 28th.
    Is it just me,or is this already late to file for it? I thought 90 days before GC expires.
    Whats going on?

i`m wondering whether i can go ahead and wite her name where she has to sign..just to beat the deadline...
    Why be such an idiot?
    Why not get a power of attorney that she can sign and fax and then have her attorney sign the form (if permissible)?
    Or why not have her sign the form (if originals needed to be signed, then you could DHL or FedEx it back and forth in a matter of two weeks at most)?

If you fake the document this could be a big problem in future and obviously her being out of country will raise questions how the form was signed.

I repeat: don't be an idiot, just do what is right - it's simple and easy and will save you a lot of headache in future.

IE