50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Lost Passport, I-94 and AP

I recently lost my Passport, AP and the I-94 documents - both mine and my wife's.

How will this affect us?

What is the process for retrieving I-94 and AP. The AP I lost expired (but was used for my last entry into US) and I have a later approved copy of the AP.

Really appreciate your thoughts in this regard!

I recently lost my Passport, AP and the I-94 documents - both mine and my wife's.

How will this affect us?

What is the process for retrieving I-94 and AP. The AP I lost expired (but was used for my last entry into US) and I have a later approved copy of the AP.

Really appreciate your thoughts in this regard!

Hi GSK and welcome to ILW

Here is a link that will give you the steps and information on what to do, in case of lost or stolen passports and/or I-94 etc.

Information

I would deal with this as soon as possible because it is your only ID and lets the authorities know your status.

Police report first then do the next steps as per link I gave you. Also check whether you need to give them an original police report to each authority, so you can ask for more copies.

All the best.

PS. If you have copies of them all, the better, if not, when you do get all your documents renewed, make sure you take copies of them all and in a safe box.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

But in any event, you have to apply for new ones, as you cannot be out in public without your I-94. You may be arrested for that.

Sprint_girl and Federale86:

Thank you both for the information.

AP is advance parole.

I filed a report with the local police today. They will have a copy of the report ready for me in two days.

Looks like I will have to file in person at the nearest Indian consulate for a new passport.

I will apply for the replacement I-94 once I have a copy of the police report.

Gsk, according to the Indian Embassy in DC.. if you live far away from the nearest consulate, you can with their approval do it online/mail.

I am sure you looked into it but just in case, here is the link to the DC website with info about lost Passports and what to send in.

Embassy of India (D.C)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Sprint_Girl:

Thanks for the link. I live in an area that comes under the Chicago Consulate General of India. They confirmed over the phone that I will have to come in person to apply for a replacement passport.