publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: B2 overstay. Married and adjusted status.

I came here from Carlow 5 years ago on a tourist visa and overstayed. In 2007 I married and got my green card. I'm looking to divorce this lady and petition for a female friend to come here and marry her so she can get a green card too. Can I do this with permanent residency? I don't have any conditionals on my green card.

I came here from Carlow 5 years ago on a tourist visa and overstayed. In 2007 I married and got my green card. I'm looking to divorce this lady and petition for a female friend to come here and marry her so she can get a green card too. Can I do this with permanent residency? I don't have any conditionals on my green card.

Click here

Per the link above, you will need to marry her before you can file a petition as an lpr. If you wait until you get your citizenship, you will be able to file for a fiancee visa (and the process will be quicker). Good luck!

It would be easier, if you got your citizenship. However, if you divorce you will need to wait till 2012 ( 5 years after gc was issued). Sorry, your marriage did not work out.

You can try, but USCIS will refer your application to FDNS for a fraud investigation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by k murphy:
    I came here from Carlow 5 years ago on a tourist visa and overstayed. In 2007 I married and got my green card. I'm looking to divorce this lady and petition for a female friend to come here and marry her so she can get a green card too. Can I do this with permanent residency? I don't have any conditionals on my green card. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there some reason wny you have not gotten ur citizenship based on 3 years marriage to usc? Or have you been seperated that this did not occur. It appears that you would have been eligible sometime earlier this year. Anything less than citizenship and the new wife will be screwed and not be able to ajust status. You cannot petition for a fiancee visa unless citizen, If you go and marry as lpr, the wait for her to come will be like 5 years,,and during that wait, it will be difficult to get an approval for her to be able to even visit.

So.. did you file N400 yet? What are you waiting 4