50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: illegal with USC children needs help

Here is my little story: I have lived in US since 1987,got educated here (with honors, I may add), got married here (to another illegal), have school age children. In 1995 my USC sister filed a petition for me. I still have at least 3 more years of waiting, but with all the hardship with geting the drivers license now, it is almost impossible to live here any more. I would consider going back to my country for the final 2-3 years of waiting, but once I leave US, the 10-year bar will start. I can't do it to my children, not 10 years. Does anybody have any advice for me? Let me just add that me and my family can 100% pass the good moral character test. We are perfect, middle class citizens, except for the fact that we not even permanent residents yet. Can anybody recommend a good lawyer who would challenge the current laws to give people like us some kind of status?

Here is my little story: I have lived in US since 1987,got educated here (with honors, I may add), got married here (to another illegal), have school age children. In 1995 my USC sister filed a petition for me. I still have at least 3 more years of waiting, but with all the hardship with geting the drivers license now, it is almost impossible to live here any more. I would consider going back to my country for the final 2-3 years of waiting, but once I leave US, the 10-year bar will start. I can't do it to my children, not 10 years. Does anybody have any advice for me? Let me just add that me and my family can 100% pass the good moral character test. We are perfect, middle class citizens, except for the fact that we not even permanent residents yet. Can anybody recommend a good lawyer who would challenge the current laws to give people like us some kind of status?

Hi there
    Having USC children will not help you in any way what so ever.
    I assume that you filed under the LIFE act which is why you are waiting for your number to come up. There really isnt anything that you can do at this point in time in order to legalize yourself. There is a clause that if you have been in the Us for 10 years and had good moral character and that there would be a hardship for your USC children that would neccessitate you remaining in the US but thats a far fetched ideal. There have been a lot of deportations and the law is being enforced much more stringently after 9/11 thats the bottom line. Just hang in there. You have been this far.

What country are you from?
    Have a nice day

Talk to an attoney about the possibility of an LCA (Labor Certification). I think you qualify under the 245i because you filed an I-130 before 04/30/2001. You would need to find an employer to sponsor you. Ask an attorney.

Prresumably, his sister is sponsoring him under 245i, so getting an employer to do so won't do him any good. The only thing he can do is wait, and hope he doesn't get caught in the meantime.