50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Applying for Citizenship soon- questions

Hello everyone! I'm new to this board. I'm planning on applying for US Citizenship soon, through the 5 year residency route.

At the end of this month, I will hit 5 years.

I did have a couple of questions I wanted to ask..

1) The biggest one is that I got my GC through my father, who in turn got it through his employer. He currently doesn't work for that employer anymore, is this going to be a problem at all?

2) I do have a passport from my native country, but it has long expired. Will this be a problem?

3) Finally, I don't have traffic citations, but I do have some parking tickets, do these have to be reported?

Thank you!

Hello everyone! I'm new to this board. I'm planning on applying for US Citizenship soon, through the 5 year residency route.

At the end of this month, I will hit 5 years.

I did have a couple of questions I wanted to ask..

1) The biggest one is that I got my GC through my father, who in turn got it through his employer. He currently doesn't work for that employer anymore, is this going to be a problem at all?

2) I do have a passport from my native country, but it has long expired. Will this be a problem?

3) Finally, I don't have traffic citations, but I do have some parking tickets, do these have to be reported?

Thank you!

NO

NO, show them your expired passport.

I dont t hink you will have to worry about this one but I am not certain.

thechoson,
    Even though the parking tickets wont most likely pose problem, I think should still state that you had parking tickets. It's better to tell them all the truth and let them decide.

On the side note, I have published a new book "New Mathematical Twists". As an immigrant myself, I know what you go through with USCIS. This book is about rewarding hard working americans and immigrants. The solutions to the problems in the book will lead you to a hidden treasure. Who knows, the lucky winner may be one of the members of this board. On top of the hidden treasure, you will find many interesting facts about united states from the perspective of an immigrant. You can order a copy of the book on this website: www.mathtwists.com.

Question #1: No

Question #2: You may have to get a new passport. Are you going to be retaining your other citizenship. If so, you may want to get your other passport renewed before you apply for citizenship. Otherwise, you may just show your old one.

Question #3: Report the parking tickets. Then no one will say you tried tohide anything - even if they don't count for much.