Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-130 and B2 visa

Hi,

I've heard that when we apply for I-130 immigrant visa, it creates some problems for the beneficiary to obtain a B2 tourist visa. Is this true?

I am a LPR and I want to file I-130 for my unmarried children over 21. It takes several years for them to obtain a GC. They live abroad. They had a B2 before, but it expired. Should they renew their B2 visa before I file I-130 or it doesn't make any difference?

Thank you for any feedback.

Hi,

I've heard that when we apply for I-130 immigrant visa, it creates some problems for the beneficiary to obtain a B2 tourist visa. Is this true?

I am a LPR and I want to file I-130 for my unmarried children over 21. It takes several years for them to obtain a GC. They live abroad. They had a B2 before, but it expired. Should they renew their B2 visa before I file I-130 or it doesn't make any difference?

Thank you for any feedback.

Filing of I-130 is an evidence of immigrant intent. This will likely prevent your children from obtaining B visa. It is wise to get B visa first.

Aibolit,

Thank you for your advice. I'll tell them to get the visitor's visa before I file the I-130.

I have similar question. My wife is aboard. She has valid B2 visa before marriage. Last year, we married and I applied for I-130 for her this Feb. She hasn't filled any paper work yet. Can she still enter to US with her valid B2 visa without causing any problem?

Thank you.

Why don't you guys be honest in your dealing with the Embassy/Consulate where your folks had to appeared before the US Official to apply for the visa:
    All US Embassy/Consulate do have an access to the official working with the USCIS/BCIS
    They can check out any applicants for visa. Once they findout he/she will be refuse the visa. Under Section 274,Brining in and harboring aliens274A, 274C Penalties for document fraud, and section 275 Entry of alien at improper time or place and misrepresentation and concealment of fact/information.
    Sec:277 Aiding or assisting aliens to enter the US.
    Hope you all understand what will happened to your son/daughters and wifes.
    They will be deported and can not apply for visa for 10/20 years. This already happened to one of my friends family.

Hi,

I still have a question about my children visiting me. Both had visited the US before, on their vacations.

They will apply for a new B2 before I file I-130, but I would like to know if they will be allowed to visit me using the B2. They have no intention to overstay nor to live here before their immigration process is complete. But can they visit?

Thank you.

At their entry, the officer will know about the pending application, and can deny them. However, if they have sufficient proof that they will return home to wait for their visa to become available, the officer may choose to let them in.

My wife will only stay for 20 days then she will return home definitly. She deosn't intend to stay here and wait for visa. She will definitly return to home after 20 days.

Most important matter is how you got the visa that will come up at the port of Entery, Before they are allowed to step out of the Immigration process. It all depend upon the luck.
    Give it a try, best of luck