50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Atlanta AOS cases

hello everyone, I am trying to figure out exactly where Atlanta is right now in adjucating I-485s based on marriage to USC.
    I know the USCIS website indicates Dec. 20, 2002 but I already know of a couple who applied in late Jan. 2003 and they have received thier interview.

Has anyone out there, filing in Atlanta, received their interview letter? If so, when did you file your case.
    Thanks.
    P.S my husband filed in July 2003 so we are hoping that our interview is coming sometime in the next 6 months.

hello everyone, I am trying to figure out exactly where Atlanta is right now in adjucating I-485s based on marriage to USC.
    I know the USCIS website indicates Dec. 20, 2002 but I already know of a couple who applied in late Jan. 2003 and they have received thier interview.

Has anyone out there, filing in Atlanta, received their interview letter? If so, when did you file your case.
    Thanks.
    P.S my husband filed in July 2003 so we are hoping that our interview is coming sometime in the next 6 months.

Don't get your hopes up. they are good at processing applications out of turn. We had filed in Feb 2002 and many that had filed early 2004 were getting interviews while we were sitting and waiting. He finally had his interview Sept. 2004.

That's true. You can never count on what they do, but I am hopeful only because I know of 4 other cases that got their interview approximately 2 years after applying. Hopefully we will be the same.

You should hope and pray that your interview is not held until after July 2005 (or 2 yrs after your wedding date). That way you will skip the whole I-751 process and save a couple of years in the queue.

But it never seems to work out that way, the interview usually comes a couple of months too fast. That being said, if your interview ends up being scheduled close to your 2nd anniversary, then you might want to try to reschedule it.

ARQU