publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Tancredo Pleads With Bush to Reverse Amnesty Plan as Illegal Immigration Spikes

Tancredo Pleads With Bush to Reverse Amnesty Plan as Illegal Immigration Spikes
    By Jimmy Moore
    Talon News
    April 6, 2004

WASHINGTON (Talon News) -- Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO) pointed to illegal immigrant apprehension rates by the U.S. Border Patrol for 2004 on Monday as evidence that President George W. Bush's temporary worker policy has not lowered illegal immigration, but has rather increased it dramatically.

"I hate to say this to the president, but I told you so," Tancredo exclaimed.

Tancredo, who serves as the chairman of the Immigration Reform Caucus in the U.S. House of Representatives, has been adamantly opposed to the Bush "guest worker" plan from the beginning. He and the other members of the caucus have been warning Bush that providing amnesty to aliens rewards illegal behavior and will further exacerbate an already serious problem with illegal immigration in the U.S.

Border Patrol Public Information Officer Rob Daniels, who is stationed at the Tucson Sector of the Border Patrol, reports more than 200,000 illegal aliens have been apprehended to date in 2004, a 50 percent spike over last year.

In fact, more than 60,000 detainees were captured in March, an incredible 85 percent jump over the March 2003 statistics.

Tancredo said the numbers will only get worse because April and May tend to be busy months for illegal immigration activity as aliens attempt to avoid the oppressive summer heat.

The National Border Patrol Council (NBPC), representing 10,000 border patrol agents, released a report that found Bush's immigration plan has directly resulted in a 13.1 percent increase in border crossings.

"It's encouraging to see that we're catching some of these people, but for every one illegal alien the Border Patrol apprehends, conventional wisdom tells you that two or three are making it into the U.S. undetected -- and there is no guarantee that the ones we catch will ever be deported," responded NBPC Head T.J. Bonner.

Bonner said most of the illegal aliens caught in January told them they were attracted to move to the United States because of Bush's program.

Tancredo said he believes up to 6,000 illegal aliens are trying to enter through the Tucson sector on a nightly basis.

"Even by the most conservative estimates, these numbers indicate that there are as many as 100,000 illegal aliens crossing the border illegally every month - in just one sector," Tancredo concluded.

In a direct plea to his fellow Republican in the White House, Tancredo said Bush can still make it right by reversing his policy before the problem gets any worse.

"I hope the administration will consider withdrawing this destructive and misguided amnesty before this problem gets worse - and do so publicly," Tancredo remarked. "As these staggering numbers indicate, word from the White House appears to travel fast."

On January 7, 2004 President Bush proposed a new temporary worker program to match "willing foreign workers with willing U.S. employers when no Americans can be found to fill the jobs." According to the administration, the program would be open to new foreign workers, and to the undocumented men and women currently employed in the U.S. This new program would allow workers who currently hold jobs to "come out of hiding and participate legally in America's economy while not encouraging further illegal behavior."

Copyright 2004 Talon News -- All rights reserved.

Tancredo Pleads With Bush to Reverse Amnesty Plan as Illegal Immigration Spikes
    By Jimmy Moore
    Talon News
    April 6, 2004

WASHINGTON (Talon News) -- Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO) pointed to illegal immigrant apprehension rates by the U.S. Border Patrol for 2004 on Monday as evidence that President George W. Bush's temporary worker policy has not lowered illegal immigration, but has rather increased it dramatically.

"I hate to say this to the president, but I told you so," Tancredo exclaimed.

Tancredo, who serves as the chairman of the Immigration Reform Caucus in the U.S. House of Representatives, has been adamantly opposed to the Bush "guest worker" plan from the beginning. He and the other members of the caucus have been warning Bush that providing amnesty to aliens rewards illegal behavior and will further exacerbate an already serious problem with illegal immigration in the U.S.

Border Patrol Public Information Officer Rob Daniels, who is stationed at the Tucson Sector of the Border Patrol, reports more than 200,000 illegal aliens have been apprehended to date in 2004, a 50 percent spike over last year.

In fact, more than 60,000 detainees were captured in March, an incredible 85 percent jump over the March 2003 statistics.

Tancredo said the numbers will only get worse because April and May tend to be busy months for illegal immigration activity as aliens attempt to avoid the oppressive summer heat.

The National Border Patrol Council (NBPC), representing 10,000 border patrol agents, released a report that found Bush's immigration plan has directly resulted in a 13.1 percent increase in border crossings.

"It's encouraging to see that we're catching some of these people, but for every one illegal alien the Border Patrol apprehends, conventional wisdom tells you that two or three are making it into the U.S. undetected -- and there is no guarantee that the ones we catch will ever be deported," responded NBPC Head T.J. Bonner.

Bonner said most of the illegal aliens caught in January told them they were attracted to move to the United States because of Bush's program.

Tancredo said he believes up to 6,000 illegal aliens are trying to enter through the Tucson sector on a nightly basis.

"Even by the most conservative estimates, these numbers indicate that there are as many as 100,000 illegal aliens crossing the border illegally every month - in just one sector," Tancredo concluded.

In a direct plea to his fellow Republican in the White House, Tancredo said Bush can still make it right by reversing his policy before the problem gets any worse.

"I hope the administration will consider withdrawing this destructive and misguided amnesty before this problem gets worse - and do so publicly," Tancredo remarked. "As these staggering numbers indicate, word from the White House appears to travel fast."

On January 7, 2004 President Bush proposed a new temporary worker program to match "willing foreign workers with willing U.S. employers when no Americans can be found to fill the jobs." According to the administration, the program would be open to new foreign workers, and to the undocumented men and women currently employed in the U.S. This new program would allow workers who currently hold jobs to "come out of hiding and participate legally in America's economy while not encouraging further illegal behavior."

Copyright 2004 Talon News -- All rights reserved.

Funny thing is. They're all headed to MY city! (la).

Joy oh Joy.

-= nav =-

How did it happen that we have more than 10 millions of illegal aliens in US?
    Because US doors were open.
    If you do not close your doors you will have uninvited or overstayed guests.

It really happened to me three times.
    You will not believe me.
    Three times in my life I did not lock my apartment doors. When I entered my kitchen I met a Mexican in my apartment. I started crying and telling him get out of my house but he responded something in Spanish that he made a mistake and entered the wrong apartment. This is your problem if you do not seal/lock your borders you will have unexpected guests.

US economy has high demand for temporary workers. US has to dismiss the current immigration law that failed to work and introduce a point system. Current immigration law is not flexible to follow the economy demand for work force.
    Aliens should be able to obtain a green card by scoring number of points without a need for a sponsorship. They would enter US already with a green card.

Fix the system by introducing H3B temporary worker visa.

As long as it gets hispanic votes, both dubya and kerry will give lofty promises.