50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: time period till the green card interview

I went to my fingerprinting appointment two weeks ago in Newark, NJ. Does anyone know how long it takes between the fingerprinting appointment before I receive my notice for a green card interview based on marriage to a US citizen?

I went to my fingerprinting appointment two weeks ago in Newark, NJ. Does anyone know how long it takes between the fingerprinting appointment before I receive my notice for a green card interview based on marriage to a US citizen?

they did mines backwards they sent me my greencard interview first then 1 week before my interview they sent me to get finger prints for the background check.. but my sister some where between 2weeks to 1 month.. but depending on who does it which is weird some people make you wait until your back ground check is passed before thy give you the appointment,and some times you will be at the appointment before the background check is in the process of being done.. so it depends on who is working your case

I had my fingerprints done on May 2nd. On May 5th, I got my interview notice in the mail for June 12th. I thought it was kinda weird.

I think it depends where you are at. We had our fingerprints on June 4th. The next week we received our interview notice for Aug 6th. Good luck.

For those that have answered, would you be able to disclose the location of the office that handled your case?

it's been close to three weeks since my fingerprinting. who and where can i call to check up on my status? any help is very much appreciated

My application was sent to the chicago lockbox. from there it went to the National Center in Missouri. My local office is Houston.