Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: VISA INTERVIEW

Hi people,

Whats up???
    I have one question concerning this interview that I will have to make next week...
    I was once running away from home when I was a teenager, and my parents told the police to search for me.
    I came back after one month and I did not have anything else to do with the police, but if the question is asked if I ever had to do anything with the police,do I have to tell them this?

Is this considered a "crime" and could it make me problems for my student Visa???
    Thanx for your help
    Cori

Hi people,

Whats up???
    I have one question concerning this interview that I will have to make next week...
    I was once running away from home when I was a teenager, and my parents told the police to search for me.
    I came back after one month and I did not have anything else to do with the police, but if the question is asked if I ever had to do anything with the police,do I have to tell them this?

Is this considered a "crime" and could it make me problems for my student Visa???
    Thanx for your help
    Cori

Cori,

I am guessing that the German system is smoother than the one I came from (Africa). I havent been to Germany, but I think that you should be able to get your police report easely. Contact local police department and ask for your record. If the report says "blank" or "no trouble girl" or however they word it over there, then you dont need to mention it. Otherwise, you should do so. Even if you believe that you are "clean", I still would suggest that you get the report. It will show to the Ambassy that you are serious about your case and that you are willing to play by the rules. Aditionally, it will help you once you are here and start the immigration process.

Another thing: while you are there, it would be a good idea to translate all of your documents in english and have them certified by the issuers. For instance, your high school diploma and birth certificate. That might save your some money since your parents will hopefully pay for it. And even if you have to pay for yourself, it wont be that expensive as if you had to do it in US dollars. Some companies will charge you about 75 bucks per page and some charge even per word. So while you are still with mom and dad (assumption), try to take as much advantage of it as possible before you come down here.

Good luck.