free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: false claim to us citizenship

Hello Everyone I was just writing to see if there is anyone out there who could give some hope. My wife has been charged with false claim to US Citizenship and I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who is or was in the same situation and somehow was able to change the situation. Only those in similar situation know how dificult it is... Well just looking for some enlightment...
    thanks

Hello Everyone I was just writing to see if there is anyone out there who could give some hope. My wife has been charged with false claim to US Citizenship and I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who is or was in the same situation and somehow was able to change the situation. Only those in similar situation know how dificult it is... Well just looking for some enlightment...
    thanks

Charged by who? USCIS? If yes, she is toast. She will be deported. It is crime to claim US Citizen when in fact you are not.
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Originally from: Galaxy of Centaurus A (also known as NGC 5128)
    Hehehehe, buy your wife a one ticket
    What a loser !!!
    Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godspeed:
    thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Explain Please? The Story In Its Entirety! Thanks. Would Be Nice To Experience Thee Actually Situation First Before Putting The Poster On The Barbecue!! Not To Say It Isn't Inevitable! The Poster Didn't Say Anything That Could Motivate A Discussion One way Or The Other! Good Information Is Lost For The Good Of Purpose When We Shoot Too Soon!!!

I For One Put Very Little Faith Into USCIS or ICE! Would and Could Be Beneficial To Wait Just A Little Longer Before Attack!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

It's a difficult situation if she really did do this and the USCIS has hard evidence of it, ie. written down somewhere on a US Government document. There are no waivers for this offense. But there is a lawyer in CA who posts quite regularly on this board who has done some cases such as this and won. You might ask there:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=daf08...c078857c4bbaa6f&f=57
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Someone12
    there is NO waiver for this, no matter what some greedy attorney tells you...and no, your congressman or senator cannot change this decision either....no doubt, she (and you) will find a way to blame our border officials rather than the person who committed this offense (your wife)...this is one of the most serious transgressions would-be illegals can do,,,and this, it has the most serious consequences...no matter how "unfair" you think it is.

Brit4064 & Someone12 are both right.If USCIS or ICE has hard evidence it almost impossible to beat.The penalties are also severe & the government has been enforcing this old law very seriously as of late.

The only successful defense is attacking the charge itself as there are absolutely NO waivers.I've seen such a defense work only in one case where a person ticked the US citizen/US national on an I-9.They were successful in proving there case to a judge that they meant US National NOT a US citizen which is where the charge comes in,but the charge cannot be used on those claiming to be US nationals.

Don't listen to amateurs who know nothing of the INA and whose only purpose here is to either mislead or intimidate you on this forum.

If you really care aboout outcome consult a licensed immigration attorney.

The case law states that if the benefit was received due to false claim of Citizenship, then such person would permanently be barred from being in US.
    If no actual benefit was obtained, then, according to rulings of 9 Cir. Court, your wife could argue that harsh statute of INA doesn't apply to her.

In any event consult an attorney, don't listen anyone on this board if you really care about your wife and outcome of the case.

Good luck
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The case law states that if the benefit was received due to false claim of Citizenship, then such person would permanently be barred from being in US.
    If no actual benefit was obtained, then, according to rulings of 9 Cir. Court, your wife could argue that harsh statute of INA doesn't apply to her. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OldE is right on this. Here's one case where a false claim of US Citizenship was successfully overturned:

http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/....03-71986.html
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."