free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Confusion in categories? appreciate the help

Hi,

First, thank you so much for having such a helpful site.

I am about to file for the Green Card

I was hired for "Associate Software Engineer I" position which has a minimum job requirement of Bachelor's Degree. I was hired while I am working on my thesis for the masters. I filled my H1-B under that position using Bachelor's Degree.

Currently, I am in "Associate Software Engineer II" position and the minimum job requirement is Masters Degree. I have finished my masters .I would be filling for the green card under current position hence would I be able to apply under EB-2 category? My lawyer mentioned otherwise.

Also, I am from Sri Lanka does it effect a lot in waiting time if I go under EB-2 vs EB-3? The problem is my lawyer was saying it is kind of difficult prove the need using EB3. Is this true?

Thx in advance.

Hi,

I was hired for "Associate Software Engineer I" position which has a minimum job requirement of Bachelor's Degree. I was hired while I am working on my thesis for the masters. I filled my H1-B under that position using Bachelor's Degree.

Currently, I am in "Associate Software Engineer II" position and the minimum job requirement is Masters Degree. I have finished my masters .I would be filling for the green card under current position hence would I be able to apply under EB-2 category? My lawyer mentioned otherwise.

Also, I am from Sri Lanka does it effect a lot in waiting time if I go under EB-2 vs EB-3? The problem is my lawyer was saying it is kind of difficult prove the need using EB3. Is this true?

Thx in advance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by woow:
    Hi,

Thx in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    As for processing times for either EB-2 or EB-3, it appears it may not matter much since both have the same priority dates from the i-140.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:

As for processing times for either EB-2 or EB-3, it appears it may not matter much since both have the same priority dates from the i-140. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is very true....but I believe its hard to prove the need of the employee under Eb3 than Eb2 this is what my lawyers said....I am so worried....I would appreciate if someone could answer all my questions...