free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I 751 Interview Question

I filed my I-751 application (I was married and then got divorced)from Florida, but then moved to San Francisco.I had hired a lawyer to help me there.

Now my interview is coming up in 2 weeks, and my lawyer is asking big money to come to CA to go with me for interview.

I was wondering if somebody can tell me
    Do I really need lawyer for I-751 interview to go with me? Will he be of any help(I mean will interviewer just ask me questions or Lawyer will get any chance as well)

I just want to make sure if he is needed and will be helpful or not.

Also, can you please tell me what kind of documents will be helpful to take with me.
    Most of bills etc. were on my partner's name, so I do not have lots of documents.

Also, because of my moving here, I am not able to get any reference letters from friends, will this be a problem?

Thank you so much for your help.

I filed my I-751 application (I was married and then got divorced)from Florida, but then moved to San Francisco.I had hired a lawyer to help me there.

Now my interview is coming up in 2 weeks, and my lawyer is asking big money to come to CA to go with me for interview.

Do I really need lawyer for I-751 interview to go with me? Will he be of any help(I mean will interviewer just ask me questions or Lawyer will get any chance as well)

Also, can you please tell me what kind of documents will be helpful to take with me.
    Most of bills etc. were on my partner's name, so I do not have lots of documents.

Also, because of my moving here, I am not able to get any reference letters from friends, will this be a problem?

Thank you so much for your help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by westsiide:

Thank you so much for your help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give details like date of marriage, what country you came from, when conditional gc was granted etc.
    I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by westsiide:

Thank you so much for your help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Westside and welcome to ILW

I advise you to get a lawyer in California. this way you do not have to pay this lawyer for travel. Request that the florida lawyer send you copies of everything that was submitted with the 751 waiver that you filed. Quickly.

Please tell us exactly what evidences were submitted with the waiver.

It sounds like from your post that you have weak evidences.. this is not good. Waivers do not have a high rate of approval, especially with weak evidences.

How long were you married? were there any children etc. ? What was the reason for the divorce.. was there a fault listed?

There should not be any problem with you getting affadavits from friends in florida? what do you mean that you cant get the letters???

Give us a timeline on the conditional card and some facts about why you dont have evidences

I-751 waiver or not - the evidence that needs to be submited are the same...
    Interview is often requiered when there is either doubt and or barely no supporting evidence. People who file with waiver often don;t get an interview,if the evidence is overwhelming....

People were called for an interview,who were still married...and givin a hard time afterwards as well.

Why did U even hire an attorney,if I may ask?

and yes having an attorney travel with you,can cost alot,especially in a rip off,over priced state like Cali.
    Good Luck

You can download more FREE information about the application i751 at

www.i751form.com

or visit http://i751.wordpress.com/

The only one who knows the facts is you and not your lawyer, if your documents show everything they need your ok if not they will request more evidence.

Well I have submitted following

Joint tax returns
    joint bank statement
    insurance policy
    pictures
    letter from phone company showing same bill
    and some other papers.
    We were married for about 9 months.

I agree with 4now on getting the papers from your current lawyer and retaining one when you arrive in CA.

As far as paperwork goes, take what you have. I'd also suggest that get some affidavits from friends and family members (of both yours and your exes) who knew you as a couple and can attest to the fact it was a good faith marriage.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

take a letter from your current work showing for how long, the type of job and how much you make per year. Take the original taxes with the W2 if you have them. This information was very useful for my case showing how independent are you and that your able to take care of yourself without sponsors or help from the Government.

email i751help@gmail and you will received 2 samples of affidavit to support the application

www.i751form.com
    www.i751form.wordpress.com

Married for 9 months would not afford you access to more than 1 joint tax return! Do the joint bank statements cover the entire period of your marriage. No correspondence showing you lived together? No joint bills? Credit cards? What about drivers license? Auto insurance together.

I agree your evidence appears scant. I'd add the affidavits. It can't hurt.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by westsiide:
    Well I have submitted following

Joint tax returns
    joint bank statement
    insurance policy
    pictures
    letter from phone company showing same bill
    and some other papers.
    We were married for about 9 months. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>