publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: marr?age failed, how do ? withdraw visa petitions?

hi all

my marriage of one year has failed and now ? don't know what to do about the visa petitions that ? had filed for my soon to be ex-husband?

? had filed both ?-130 and K-3, although the K-3 petition was approved and he went to the interview he has yet to hear of getting approved for a visa from the consulate that interviewed him.

what do ? do in this situation, should ? speak with a lawyer or contact directly to the embassy where he had his interview processed?

if anyway here knows of any similar case please let me know of what can be done in this case? thanks

hi all

my marriage of one year has failed and now ? don't know what to do about the visa petitions that ? had filed for my soon to be ex-husband?

? had filed both ?-130 and K-3, although the K-3 petition was approved and he went to the interview he has yet to hear of getting approved for a visa from the consulate that interviewed him.

what do ? do in this situation, should ? speak with a lawyer or contact directly to the embassy where he had his interview processed?

if anyway here knows of any similar case please let me know of what can be done in this case? thanks

E-mail the US Embassy/Consulate General. Mark the heading "Urgent Petition Withdrawal MSC#". Write out a statement withdrawing the petition. If you have time, get it notarized. That isn't specifically necessary, but it makes it look like you are serious. Send a copy to the USCIS Service Center adjudicating your I-130 along with your filing receipt.

The withdrawl will have no or little effect if you can't show further proof of the failed marriage, such as separation/divorce etc. If you remain married and continue enjoying all the other benefits of a marriage, it is your civil obligation to your alien spouse to assist him in obtaining legal U.S. status. If you don't, he can self-sponsor as this kind of neglect would constitute abuse (rightly so!).

If the petition has not yet been approved. It very well can be withdrawn. The accompanying statement will define the failed marriage supporting the withdrawal.

"Civil Duty to assist spouse in obtaining US status" Neglect/abuse ?????

Who says this is a right? It is a priviledge based on marriage for the benefit of the USC spouse. If the USC and alien spouse live in alien's country for many years... what does it matter if alien never gets USC status.. The marriage is what was important. not the status.

This is no longer her problem. The marriage is over and did not work out.

I am sure no one is concerned about the USC getting status in the alien spouse's country.

One does not necesarily "enjoy benefits of being married just by "remaining married." There are many marriages that exist just "on paper" for getting the papers.

Quoting Pandora:

"it is your civil obligation to your alien spouse to assist him in obtaining legal U.S. status"

Where in the world did you get this? Can I have some of what you're smoking?

4now is right, AOS is for the USC spouse's benefit only, there is no civil obligation.

If you are both nice people and you want to help him out, that is the "civil" thing to do, but you are in NO WAY obligated to do so.
    Sweet Madame Belu

Oh, OK my mistake, I was speed reading and missed the k-3 part. Of course if your spouse is still overseas, simply withdrawing your petition will stop things for the time being. But as long as you don't actually divorce, he can still self-sponsor himself.