50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Our Interview

We received our notice, after all the paperwork filing and fees, for the GC interview-I'm a USC and my husband is from Dakar, Senegal, for Aug.8. Our paperwork began in April 2001. We didn't receive his EAD until last month-June 2004! After endless requests, letters and involving our congressman.

But, it being our fault, we realized that his passport had expired, again, and were unable to go interview for the EAD because the passport was not valid. This is what we were told by INS. So we quickly has the information sent to his embassy, which was scheduled to take up to two month. But the embassy said they could send a certified letter on our behalf saying that the information is being processed and normally the INS accepts this letter. The INS told me that they would not.

In the meantime, I added his name to what bills I could, but we own nothing together, such as a car or have a joint account together. He has done odd jobs for cash like mowing grass, painting, washing cars, etc. and obviously I support the household. I have wedding photos, photos, life and health insurance cards, letters and a rental agreement in our name. Will this be enough?

Please help us. We are so anxious to finally get our life started. I love my husband dearly. Please give me any advice you may have or any experiences. We will go to the Memphis office.

We received our notice, after all the paperwork filing and fees, for the GC interview-I'm a USC and my husband is from Dakar, Senegal, for Aug.8. Our paperwork began in April 2001. We didn't receive his EAD until last month-June 2004! After endless requests, letters and involving our congressman.

But, it being our fault, we realized that his passport had expired, again, and were unable to go interview for the EAD because the passport was not valid. This is what we were told by INS. So we quickly has the information sent to his embassy, which was scheduled to take up to two month. But the embassy said they could send a certified letter on our behalf saying that the information is being processed and normally the INS accepts this letter. The INS told me that they would not.

In the meantime, I added his name to what bills I could, but we own nothing together, such as a car or have a joint account together. He has done odd jobs for cash like mowing grass, painting, washing cars, etc. and obviously I support the household. I have wedding photos, photos, life and health insurance cards, letters and a rental agreement in our name. Will this be enough?

Please help us. We are so anxious to finally get our life started. I love my husband dearly. Please give me any advice you may have or any experiences. We will go to the Memphis office.

Yes you should be fine. Just be sincere and they will see through the situation. You will be fine.

He should have went to his EAD appointment even if his passport is expired. Does't he have an ID or driver's license. In the EAD letter itself it just says bring photo ID or passport, if they needed a valid one then it would have said it, plus they're not going to stamp anything on the passport, they just wanna see the photo, name and date of birth.

Plus you shouldn't have told them that the passport is invalid and just go as supposed to.

The letter did say valid. But we are going on next Monday. Our letter from the embassy saying it's in progress will arrive this week and we will take that. In the interview, if asked, should we admit that he has worked odd jobs?

We admitted my husband worked odd jobs for cash or room and board. The immi officer b i t c h e d about it, but there was nothing she could do.

Just be honest, people have to make a living somehow, they know this.
    Sweet Madame Belu

Josephine, you said that she complained about it? Please elaborate.