publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: The following is a quote from President Theodore Roosevelt 10 years after his preside

think he would be outraged at what is happening here today.
    "In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.
    "But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American ...
    "There can be no divided allegiance here.
    "Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile. ...
    "We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. ... and we have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is a loyalty to the American people." Theodore Roosevelt, 1919.

think he would be outraged at what is happening here today.
    "In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.
    "But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American ...
    "There can be no divided allegiance here.
    "Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile. ...
    "We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. ... and we have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is a loyalty to the American people." Theodore Roosevelt, 1919.

Someone12
    the key phrase, nitwit, is "comes here in good faith"--coming here illegally is not a indicator of good faith, so even ole Teddy was against llegal dirtbags like yourself.

You are DIRTBAG on this forum, and don't forget I'm here legall!

President Roosevelt's comments are as true today as they were in 1919.

I agree that he would be outraged at the sight of illegal aliens throwing tantrums while waving the Mexican flag and screaming in a foreign language.

I agree with that, when you came in USA, you love this country, and when you plan to spend rest of the life and work in here, you have to forget about your heritage. You always have your born place in your heart. My opinion was that Mexican people did terrible mistake waving the Mexican flags on USA territory. In my country and all my people was always oriented to USA, we love America with all our hearts. This country was giving the chance to everybody, poor or rich, in that case this country was giving the chance to you, and only what you have to give is love and respect.

Glory: Like you, I am an immigrant to America. I totally agree with your thoughts and sentiment; America truly is the very best country in the world.

Those who waved the Mexican flag showed a complete disrespect for America and for Americans. It is my belief that there will not be an amnesty, as the American people are totally opposed. They are madder-than-hell that illegal aliens don't respect America enough to proudly wave the American flag.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
    Glory: Like you, I am an immigrant to America. I totally agree with your thoughts and sentiment; America truly is the very best country in the world.

Those who waved the Mexican flag showed a complete disrespect for America and for Americans. It is my belief that there will not be an amnesty, as the American people are totally opposed. They are madder-than-hell that illegal aliens don't respect America enough to proudly wave the American flag. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only the symbol-minded ones like you.