50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: citizenship

Can anyone tell me if the filling fee of $330 for N400 form should be sent separate 2 chacks or together as 1 check of $400 with $70 biometrics fee. Thanks

Can anyone tell me if the filling fee of $330 for N400 form should be sent separate 2 chacks or together as 1 check of $400 with $70 biometrics fee. Thanks

You can make two seperate checks or one check for both. That should not make any difference in processing of your case.

making one is easier to locate the clearance of the check for acceptance of your file.

Thanks,

ChiChi

When I filed for my husband, I sent everything as seperate checks. But his was for Biometrics, I-130, I-765, and the I-485.

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    For the application for naturalization (N-400), writing out ONE check for processing fee should be the BEST.

For the application for adjustment of status (AOS), separate check for each application SHOULD be sent out. Otherwise the whole application package would be denied/not accepted/returned back altogether if any of the application were not be accepted in the initial processing for whatever reason. Any of those applications in a whole AOS package could be I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765, etc.

Initial processing consists of many checkings on an application before its acceptance. Upon receipt of an application/petition, INS checks the following things in order to accept the application/petition- [1] they check whether or not the latest version of application form is used by the applicant for immigration benefit. If not, then outdated version of it could not be accepted. Some people mistakenly use outdated version of the application form, not knowing its consequences. [2] INS checks whether or not application is properly signed and dated by the applicant. Some people mistakenly forget to sign the application. Sometimes it happens because of being in rush, while other times it happens just because of plain mistake. [3] INS also checks whether or not a correct processing fee is sent in for the application. Some people just don't know that processing fees are kept increasing, thus sometimes they don't check the correct fee before sending out the application.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to all of you for the input. Specailly to Sammy.