publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: N400 pending. Can I travel to Canada ?

Friends,
    Thanks for your past support. I need another information. I have applied for Citizenship. I have also received my fingerprints scheduled in first week of June. I have taken few trips to Canada for few days each in past and reported all with dates to USCIS. If I want to travel to Canada to meet my sister, do I need any permit ? If not will USCIS require the dates and information about my this visit, while my N400 application is pending?
    Please, I need to go to Canada week after next, right before my fingerprints appointment. My sister is sick and I have to go visit her for about a week.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Chichi

Friends,
    Thanks for your past support. I need another information. I have applied for Citizenship. I have also received my fingerprints scheduled in first week of June. I have taken few trips to Canada for few days each in past and reported all with dates to USCIS. If I want to travel to Canada to meet my sister, do I need any permit ? If not will USCIS require the dates and information about my this visit, while my N400 application is pending?
    Please, I need to go to Canada week after next, right before my fingerprints appointment. My sister is sick and I have to go visit her for about a week.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Chichi

There is no problem visiting Canada mate especially for only a week. Its when you start taking trips of more than a year that it could possibly affect your application. Anyway all you need to do tell them about the trip at your N-400 interview and they will add that to your original application. Even better would be to print off the page of the N-400 application that asks about time/trips spent outside the US and give it to them with the updated information at the interview...........I know when I did that the immigration officer who conducted my interview appeared to appreciated it.

Thanks Paddy,

That is really very helpful. I will sure do that. Appreciate the help.

Chichi