50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: i130 petition unmarried daughter F2b

my father filed a petition for me me under F2n unmarried daughter of an immigrant last 1997, he became a US citizen last 2001 but he was not able to update the petition since it wasn't frequently discussed but now we received a letter for interview apppointment. the tricky thing is if my father will update the petition to F1 unmarried daughter of us citizen priority date in the phillipines is aug91 but the F2b priority date is sep 01. Will my consular interview for F2b be changed to F1 and be given a chance to complete the petition? will they move my priority date backward and me to wait another decade to have an interview?

my father filed a petition for me me under F2n unmarried daughter of an immigrant last 1997, he became a US citizen last 2001 but he was not able to update the petition since it wasn't frequently discussed but now we received a letter for interview apppointment. the tricky thing is if my father will update the petition to F1 unmarried daughter of us citizen priority date in the phillipines is aug91 but the F2b priority date is sep 01. Will my consular interview for F2b be changed to F1 and be given a chance to complete the petition? will they move my priority date backward and me to wait another decade to have an interview?

The priority date for Philippines F2b is Jul 96. Where did you see Sep 01?

Upgrading a petition is an option for US citizen, but he/she may choose not to do it! It is acctualy good thing in your case that your father did not upgrade his petition for you. When your priority date becomes current you'll be interviewed as a F2b. Good luck.

Nothing is more unfortunate than being born in Philippines and waiting for 4th Category IV as brother/sister of USC.