American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enforcing I-864

Can Someone help me how to enforce the I-864 against my spouse

Thanks

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by newyorkr:

Thanks

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get your ugly, filthy a## out of this country. That is the only way to enforce 864 you fraudster.
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by newyorkr:

Thanks

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If your ex is not meeting the obligations set forth in divorce preceedings, you can file a motion ot have your rx centempt of a court order. Or you may want to contact your divorce attorney to see what other options you have. The I-864 is used primarily to show support for a marriage or family based adjustment of status. Any enforcement is not borne of USCIS, but divorce court.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by a9b3h5:

Thanks

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get your ugly, filthy a## out of this country. That is the only way to enforce 864 you fraudster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

excuse me? why is there so much hate in your heart? I asked a simple question..

Not sure if this was for my benefit or not but I will give you an answer.
    Only way to enforce it is to take spouse to Federal court.

If you are going through divorce and don't make enough to live on, you have to file a temporary order of support.
    It is down to the divorce judge to whether he will take the affidavit into consideration when he makes his final decision at trial and if you cannot meet the poverty level alone even with working.
    There are many factors, but a divorce Judge will not enforce the affidavit. Unless under his/her discretion.

Unfortunately if separated, there is nothing you can do unless you go to Federal court, which usually would be advised to do only after the divorce settlement. Often most people don't need it as by that time you would be on your own feet.

If you do have a temporary court order of support, as Hudson has mentioned, your spouse will be in contempt and you can file that against them. Even though he/she could go to jail, once they pay up they are off the hook in most cases. And if anything like mine...he/she could keep doing it just to make life harder.

Good luck
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Hello Newyork

welcome to the forum .

This is a really general statement you are making here. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

You will have to give us some information. Do you have permanent green card, conditional greencard. Are you seperated/divorced? blah blah.
    Are you trying to get spousal support and want to use the 864 as your documentation?

Only then can we give you advice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by a9b3h5:

Thanks

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get your ugly, filthy a## out of this country. That is the only way to enforce 864 you fraudster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

excuse me? why is there so much hate in your heart? I asked a simple question.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hate because filthy animals like you want to come here, sit on their fat, ugly a@@ surfing the net 24/7 and don't want to work and have innocent USC take care of you. Just remember when you take your USC to court, he/she can equally come after you for fraud and sue the fook out of you. If govt can come after you and penalize you with 250K, he/she can bring up the same claim.
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

I Become so Tired Of seeing 1% Of The Actual situation!!!!
    The Original Creator Of The Post, Never Gives Up The Goods!!! Thee Entire Story!!!! What Happened? start to Finish!!!! Details!!!! Who? What? Where? When????
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

The I-864 is for the government's benefit, not for yours; you are a scam artst