50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Child Sent Back Home.

My former classmate just sent his 14th years old son (green Card Holder) back home because of bad behavior. He wants to bring him back when he turns 18th years with a history of good behavior.
    My classmate wants to know what he needs to do to prevent his son fom loosing is green Card while away for over a year.

My former classmate just sent his 14th years old son (green Card Holder) back home because of bad behavior. He wants to bring him back when he turns 18th years with a history of good behavior.
    My classmate wants to know what he needs to do to prevent his son fom loosing is green Card while away for over a year.

Hi He,

Do you know if and when your friend (the parents) will apply for Citizenship if they haven't already?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

The child needs to have a Re-Entry Permit. They are valid two years at a time. An alien may only apply for one while physically present in the U.S. as they need to provide biometrics. They can be mailed overseas. The child needs to return to apply each time.

Please correct me if I am wrong, without re-entry permit, one can not be out of US for more than six months. previously it was one year.

Personally I think if that is what the parent really wants to do, it would be far easier, to wait (if not long and applicable) until parents are naturalized so child would get Citizenship through them, and could stay out of country for however long until it is right time to come back.

But remember when child comes back, he still needs to sign up for Selective Service here.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Six months is the warning date. CBP will note in the computer system and on the passport or reentry permit that residency requirements have been advised.

I hope this kid is not going back to Pashoonistan for training.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Pashoonistan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Correct Sepllings:
    Pakhtoonistan