free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Another I-485 Divorce question

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well she was using a fake social security # when she applied for citizenship. I mean...isn't that a given? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you are making this even more confusing.
    I don't think you understand the immigration process and confused with GC and citizenship and so forth, hence all the confusion.

She couldn't have applied for citizenship, that doesn't happen until 3 yrs after she received her GC (married based)
    She wouldn't need a SS# to apply for a GC, so I can't understand why she would even put a fake one when its not needed. It's an option.
    It could have been an ITN number for tax purposes, then is given a SS# once she has either a EAD (employment card) or her Green card.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Fooserx..I am not saying she married you for fraud or not, but regardless of all that, what you guys are arguing about or what she may be even trying to get from you in a divorce is very normal even if both of you were USC's.

Most of the time, this what happens in a divorce or approach to one. I want this, I don't want that, I'm taking you to the cleaners, etc etc
    It happens to the best of us.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Hi FooserX,

I also got kinda confused with the situation when you mentioned something about citizenship when I thought it was for the greencard.

Anyways, you got good advice from the senior members here. Just to inform you that there is a group here headed by HelpVictim who asks people in the same situation like yours to contact him and maybe you can exchange notes. I'm not saying that your wife is defrauding you or something but you do need to get all the info about this kind of situation that you can get while at the same time working amicably with her. (Just like SprintG, I'm hoping for a good outcome between the two of you.) If not, you should be prepared for the worst possible scenario.

Good luck!
    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Quote Originally Posted by FooserX View Post
    I don't mind a divorce, but being taken advantage of is kinda annoying.
    Yet you want to get re-married. Face-palm.