free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another I-485 Divorce question

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FooserX:
    I believe I had the wrong form.

I think the I-130 petition is the one we need to do now. I got mixed up. I guess we filed the I485 a while ago, waited 2 years, and now we need to file this one.

I don't mind a divorce, but being taken advantage of is kinda annoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't file 1-485 without I-130.

ok here's the process after marriage

I-130 your petion from immidiate relative ( spouse)

I-485 Adjusment of Status ( thats for your wife)
    I-765 Employment authorization ( this is authorizing your alien wife get ss# and authorizing her to work)

I-864 your affidavit of support

and theres a form for biometric for you and your wife.

then USCIS will notify your wife for finger printing and the interview.

Its only after the interview base on the USCIS decision ... your wife gets her GC. (conditional for 2 years of course)

now.. if no I-130 was file ... she's still an alien.

You know, I don't even know.

lol

We did all the initial paperwork, had the interview, got her temporary green card I think, and they said in 2 years we needed to file something else.

So that is where we are at.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FooserX:

lol

We did all the initial paperwork, had the interview, got her temporary green card I think, and they said in 2 years we needed to file something else.

So that is where we are at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm amazed that for something this important you guys have not kept track of it.
    You really need to start looking for those papers and file them properly.

Oh right, she has a temporary GC already. A conditional one, so this is for her 10yr GC.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FloridaFem:

lol

So that is where we are at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm amazed that for something this important you guys have not kept track of it.
    You really need to start looking for those papers and file them properly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you know what I believe you love your wife
    you didn't even read the papers your signing
    lol (just kiddin)

ok where you at? Your wife got her conditional
    green card and in two year time you both have to file I-751 ( remove the condition on her GC)
    but if she file a divorce before that... she will sent home.

OKAY I GOT IT!!!

lol

It is this I-751 that we need to fill out.

Anyone have the details on this? What if I don't fill this out? Can she still be saved? We haven't filed for divorce yet, so I'm wondering how that paperwork is in relation to the I751

The immigration Lawyer said I can also file something to withdraw my sponsorship....anyone know what that is?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What if I don't fill this out? Can she still be saved? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    What is it you really want to do?

Save her? I think you need to make up your mind as to what you want. I repeat what I said before, if you think she's taking you for a ride, don't make things easy for her. If you think everything is in good faith, help her. Myself I think that as soon as you've helped her remove the conditional status she will do whatever she can to take you to the cleaners.

Sorry to be so cynical but I think it's amazing how many of these "green card" marriages are going good for two years and then "boom" I wan't a divorce. What a coincidence!

I want to know my options.

I have found that I can remove my sponsorship, since I am getting a divorce and do not wish to be responsible for her. I would like to know where to find that. Anyone have the form for that so I can read over?

Honestly, part of me thinks she was into the marraige for citizenship...it's just all so out of the blue and the problems are so fixable. It doesn't seem normal.

I don't know...no one does except for her.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FooserX:
    OKAY I GOT IT!!!

lol

It is this I-751 that we need to fill out.

Anyone have the details on this? What if I don't fill this out? Can she still be saved? We haven't filed for divorce yet, so I'm wondering how that paperwork is in relation to the I751

---

Failure to file that the alien can be deported
    anytime unless your wife files a waiver.

And if she files a waiver, then she would automatically be granted unconditional residence?

Or then we'd have to have an interview?

I'm still looking for the removal of sponsorship form.