50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: help getting visa from Argentina to tha US

I want to brng my girlfriend from Argentina, but the visa situation is hard...I need to know how to go about it. Should I get married in Argentina, or should I wait and try to ask for her from the US? if I try to get married in Argentina, what forms do I need to bring her to the US, and how long does it take? I have proof i have been with her since 1993 but now It´s time to bring her there.... I am in argentina now and want to get her there ASAP....... please help as I dont know what the best way to do this is......
    and if I was to go and try to get a visa for her, what should we tell the consulate she wants to do.... I make over $50,000 per year so I have no problem showing income and that i could support her.
    please advise me on which option is the best.... and how to go about it.......
    thx.

I want to brng my girlfriend from Argentina, but the visa situation is hard...I need to know how to go about it. Should I get married in Argentina, or should I wait and try to ask for her from the US? if I try to get married in Argentina, what forms do I need to bring her to the US, and how long does it take? I have proof i have been with her since 1993 but now It´s time to bring her there.... I am in argentina now and want to get her there ASAP....... please help as I dont know what the best way to do this is......
    and if I was to go and try to get a visa for her, what should we tell the consulate she wants to do.... I make over $50,000 per year so I have no problem showing income and that i could support her.
    please advise me on which option is the best.... and how to go about it.......
    thx.

If Direct Consular Filing is available there, that would be fairly quick.. You need to check with the embassy. That would be if you married her in the foreign county and filed the 1-130, the embassy could adjudicate the application right there and its quicker than a K3 visa. If they dont have DCF, then I would say a K1 fiance visa would be quicker than a K3 marriage visa. There is less burden off proof of relationship in the fiance visa than the marriage visa. You should check the travel.state.gov website for particulars.